Italian inward passenger records

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
pozzbrog

Italian inward passenger records

Post by pozzbrog »

My Grandfather came to Australia in 1927 and returned to Italy to marry my Grandmother in 1931/32.

Are there websites I can access which list the ships/ passengers arriving in Italy? I have locate my Grandfathers entry into Australia via quarantine and shipping records, does the Italian government have similar documents?

My Grandfathers details
Domenico POZZA
Born 13 August 1901 Lusiana Italy
Sailed from Australia Dec 1931, arrived in Italy 1932, disembarked at either Genoa or Naples.

Any assistance to help discover the ship and when he actually arrived in Italy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Italian inward passenger records

Post by adelfio »

No they don't have shipmanifest records like the USA and Australia

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pozzbrog

Post by pozzbrog »

Thank you Marty for your reply. Good to know.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

A friend of mine, who was born and lives there, may be helpful to do some research for you in Lusiana on your grandfather Domenico Pozzo. Is there anything special you are looking for in Lusiana or you may be interested?
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
pozzbrog

Post by pozzbrog »

Thank you mmogno for your kind offer. All my grandparents were born in Lusiana Vi and I have many relatives living in the area, some of them are helping me research my family.