Obtaining Italian Birth and Marriage Certs

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
myrmidon1011

Obtaining Italian Birth and Marriage Certs

Post by myrmidon1011 »

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to order some vital records from two small Italian towns but don't know the best way to do this. Can I do it online? If not, what office do I write to? What was the process like and the timeline? I am grateful for any help.

1. Seeking Birth Certificate (1896)
Prascorsano, Italy

The Segretario Comunale of Prascorsano has this message on their website:
Da luglio 2015 il Comune di Prascorsano ha aderito alla convenzione per il servizio in forma associata della Segreteria comunale tra i Comuni di Corio, Levone, Prascorsano, San Colombano Belmonte e Canischio. Si rimanda al sito internet del Comune di Corio (Capofila) per ogni informazione inerente il Segretario comunale.

So, should I contact the Comune of Corio?

2. Seeking Marriage Certificate (1867) and Birth Certificate (1897 and 1877)
Chiesannova, Italy
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Obtaining Italian Birth and Marriage Certs

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Have you used the online records What is the names you need

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
myrmidon1011

Post by myrmidon1011 »

Thanks to both of you! I'll send an email and ask them about their process for obtaining a certified Birth Certificate.

Adelfio, I can't find (Lucia Allabastro; Born in Jul 22, 1899; in Chiesanouva, Italy; Father Frederico Allabastro; Mother Domenica Chiarottino)

I have been able to find the rest. I am trying to get Birth Certificates so I can bring them to the consulate =)
dkr

Post by dkr »

How odd. I just joined this website today and found someone looking for almost the same information I am.

Lucia Allabastro is my Grandmother's sister. My Grandmother is Norma Allabastro. According to records I have, Lucia was born in Africa, along with her sister, Amelia.

Their parents are Frederico Allabastro and Dominica Chiarotina. I have also seen her maiden name spelled Cierotino. I have located what MAY be their marriage license from Chiesanuova, Italy, dated November 1890 or 1896. I cannot read the specific day.

Do you think we might be able to share information?