Missing marriage certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
cjett

Missing marriage certificate

Post by cjett »

Our November consulate date is closing in. We’ve been able to locate all of our documents and have them all certified, appostiled and translated with the exception of my great grandparents marriage license, which we’ve been unable to locate and there is, of course. A slim chance they were never married.

I’ve begun to work on the backup plan - to get certified copies of census records which show my ggp in the same household before and after my grandfather was born. The 1910 census is straightforward enough and I’ve ordered that that from the feds. However, my great grandfather passed away in 1919, which leaves the 1920 census out. The good news is they lived in New Jersey in 1915 and are listed in that state census record in the same household.

My question:
Is anyone aware if a certified copy of a 1915 New Jersey census page can be ordered/provided by the state? I’ve checked online and do not see it available. I’ve called the NJ vital records office who have told me it’s not available as a certified document from their department. Any ideas what to do in this instance? Can someone else certify a record like this (which the Italian consulate would accept, of course).

Any input on this approach and plan is appreciated. Any other documents that would be helpful or input on the chances of success given our situation, is also appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jbudd_Fulg

Re: Missing marriage certificate

Post by Jbudd_Fulg »

Hello,
I am writing to see how you made out without the marriage certificate? The City does not have the certificate that we are missing and the church where they were married burned down.

Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jen