Question on residency

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
mjb2019

Question on residency

Post by mjb2019 »

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone can off answers to a few questions. Me and my wife will be traveling to Italy next month to apply for her Italian Citizenship. She has all the documents ready, Apostilled and stamped. We are looking to go to the Milan area. We are on a budget so we will try and do this ourselves, in regard to the residency, when looking for a place to stay will they need to provide us with a tenancy contract in order for us to prove our residency? I have friends who live in Milan and they have offered for us to to stay there for as long as we need, but im not sure what they would have to provide us with in terms of a contract or something in writing? or whether this may implicate them in anyway?

Thanks

Matt
Maritt

Re: Question on residency

Post by Maritt »

Hi Matt,

I am in your same situation considering traveling to Italy with my husband for a while to get this done. I wonder how it went for you and how did you end up doing with the residence requirement.

Maritt