Obtaining BIRTH CERTIFICATE of deceased mother, New York State

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Mezzullo

Re: Obtaining BIRTH CERTIFICATE of deceased mother, New York State

Post by Mezzullo »

Hello. I live in North Carolina and am trying to get a copy of my mother’s birth certificate from New York. Would anyone be willing to share the templates for the petition, notice of petition and proposed order? It would be much appreciated!
astoria20

Post by astoria20 »

I've gotten a few private messages asking for the templates I've used so I created a blog post to try to document this process as best as possible. I have *not* gone through with this yet due to delays related to COVID-19 so I can't verify these templates / procedure are accurate.

However, I hope that as time goes along and I (and others) go through with the process, we can continue to update the post with better information.

https://www.rmurph.com/post/obtaining-a ... rtificates

Feel free to comment with any corrections, additions or questions.

Thanks!
cpassero

Post by cpassero »

I am in the same position as everyone else. I need my grandmother's birth certificate and two marriage certificates (great grandparents and grandparents) for my citizenship application. I am a US Citizen but residing in Canada. Can anyone recommend a lawyer in Erie Country to help with this?
jrotella

Post by jrotella »

astoria20 wrote: 27 May 2020, 03:35 <snip>

2) Prepare documents... (once I generate these, I'll post templates)
- Documents Needed: Petition, Notice of Petition, and Proposed Order
- Documents must be in the right format: one-inch margins all around, legal sized paper, double spaced, in English, black ink, using one side of the paper only.
- Documents need to be signed in front of a notary public.
- Remember to redact any sensitive information
- Generate PDFs of documents
<snip>
Hi! I need to get my parents' birth certificates. They were born in Rockland County, NY (outside of the 5 boroughs). I know I need to go down the Article 78 path and would like to try to do it myself.

I've searched and searched and can't find templates/samples for the Petition, Notice of Petition and Proposed Order.

Did you create templates? Could you share what you submitted (redact any sensitive information of course).

Any help would be VERY much appreciated!
Thank you!
Joe
(living in Columbus, Ohio)
donnadee

Post by donnadee »

Hi! I hope Im not too late to the party here...
Can I ask...in filing the order...if you live in a different state than the birth certificate you are requesting, what county/address do you use on the court order? For instance, my mother is trying to get her fathers birth certificate. He was born in Nassau county, New York but she resides in Florida. Do we use her county or use the Nassau Supreme Court?
vat612

Post by vat612 »

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me as I am also trying to obtain my Father's NYS birth certificate.

I would like to try to do this on my own, but it seems overwhelmingly recommended to hire a lawyer. I am in California, with no plans to be in NY anytime soon. If I hire a lawyer, can they act on my behalf, or I am still required to show up in person? This detail might be the deciding factor for me.

I would also appreciate any links to templates for the petition, notice of petition, and proposed order.

Thanks so much in advance for any help or guidance you can provide. Good luck to everyone!
V