Correcting a NY Marriage Certificate/ Birth Certificate/ Death Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Poetry_to_read

Correcting a NY Marriage Certificate/ Birth Certificate/ Death Certificate

Post by Poetry_to_read »

HI everyone
y
So I decided to claim my Italian citizenship in Italy before i go to start my college years at a Studienkolleg. I was getting all my records together for NYC and NY and suddenly I realized i Had a problem. On my Great-grandfather's birth certificate and his mothers death certificate. she is 2 years younger than she is on her own birth certificate as well as her marriage certificate. Furthermore His marriage certificate butchered his name ( Gaitano Bellantoni became Gayten Belenton (i doubled check and his wife was definitely my great grandmother and there is a newspaper article proving it was them). I realized I am going to need to correct them before i go over there to apply. Does anyone know anything about how to do it youself. I called a company and they said it would cost 250 dollars a document minimum. Any advice would be loved
qualdom
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Correcting a NY Marriage Certificate/ Birth Certificate/ Death Certificate

Post by qualdom »

Did your GGF get married in NYC? Another user here said that the NYC Marriage Bureau was willing to correct the old marriage record of a deceased relative even without a court order.