COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
pjdoitnow

COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by pjdoitnow »

I amlooking for records on Angelo Commito, born Feb 10, 1880. Have the draft card but looking for town of origin in Italy and when he immigrated. found his spouse Luisa Fasciani but again, need more info as she is only showing two children on the boat manifest and there were five. Angelo, John, Josephine, Ida, and Mario, my father.

can you steer mein some directions? links to the Census documents? Social Security index? Any help is greatly appreciated!

PJ
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by nuccia »

All your questions have been answered in your other post.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5099.html

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
pjdoitnow

Post by pjdoitnow »

Where did you find such a clear copy of the manifest form the ship? i can't read the one on the site. could you forward a copy to me or post it in a replly?

Thank you so very much. :)

pamela
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Hi Pamela,

Its late (or early) and my computer screen is acting like some one has just put a magnet to it! making it difficult to read the posts. To keep things simple, I will reply to the the other thread...but not until I get back from work.

Sorry...but I'll be back! :wink:
Nuccia
pjdoitnow

Post by pjdoitnow »

Thank you. i will look for your response later today.

Maybe someone else will look too :)

Pamela
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Joyce has answered your question on your other post (thankfully) so please refer to it for info.
Now, for your other question about clear images of the manifest...when you clicked on the links I provided in your other thread there was an icon that said

Click to enlarge manifest with a magnigying glass next to it..I fyou click on that the page appears larger and you can read the actual manifest. Just scroll down to the persons name you wish to view...I believe yours were numbers 23, 24, and 25.

Also, remember that only Joshephine and sister were born in Italy...the men were born in the US so you should be able to get birth and death info easily enough.

If this doesn't help or if you still have any questions, please feel free to ask! :D

Nuccia