Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale

Post by ricbru »

Yes
Raffygen is right

Here the are the Carlentini civil records microfilms from FHL (mormon church)

or you can also write a request to have integral copy of civil record to Archivio di Stato di Siracusa

I hope helps
bye Riccardo :lol:
raffygen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raffygen »

cvitale wrote:My grandfather, Angelo Vitale came to Omaha, Nebraska (USA) from Sicily around 1912. He married Lucia Monaco in 1918 (Omaha, Nebraska) who was from Carlentini, Sicily.

I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale.

My grandmother's parents were Gaetano Monaco and Angela Inzolera.
By the way I forgot to mention that my fiance's great grand mother was Domenica Vitale from Nicosia born in 1843. Her son Nicolo D'Alio born in 1880 emigrated to the US in 1904.
Raffy
binksmom425

Post by binksmom425 »

Lucia Vitale, your grandmother, was my Godmother. A wonderful lady and I adored her. My parents and I used to rent the house she owned across the street from where she lived.

I never really knew Angelo. I think he died before I was born or shortly after. I went to visit their grave when I went to Omaha a few years ago and took some photos.

I also knew your dad, Tommy and your Uncle Joe.

Would love to hear from you.
backofclass

Post by backofclass »

I know a little about this family, but my information is different (I did add your death info). I show that your great-granfather Salvatore immigrated on Sep. 2 1905. He and his brother Giuseppe both immigrated to Omaha. Where is the Vitale?

|--2-Giuseppe Ciciulla b. Between 16 Mar 1873 and 16 Mar 1874, Carlentini,
| Siracusa, Italy
| +Maria Pagliara
|--2-Salvatore Ciciulla b. Abt 1870
+??? Sortino
|--3-Lucia Ciciulla b. Between 12 Nov 1898 and 12 Nov 1899, Carlentini,
| Siracusa, Italy
|--3-Francesco Ciciulla b. 8 Dec 1895, Carlentini, Siracusa, Italy, d. 23
| Feb 1928, Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska, bur. 25 Feb 1928, Omaha, Douglas,
| Nebraska
+Unknown
|--4-Mary Joan Ciciulla
+Maria ???
baroneriso

Post by baroneriso »

cvitale wrote:My grandfather, Angelo Vitale came to Omaha, Nebraska (USA) from Sicily around 1912. He married Lucia Monaco in 1918 (Omaha, Nebraska) who was from Carlentini, Sicily.

I am trying to find out where my grandfather was born. His father's name was Angelo as well and his mother's name was Sarah Vitale.

My grandmother's parents were Gaetano Monaco and Angela Inzolera.
cvitale

Post by cvitale »

Found out additional information. My grandfather Angelo Vitale came through Ellis Island as Angelo Tacchino and I was able to find that record. I am still trying to find his birth records from the microfilm but was unable to find Angelo Tacchino.

Does anyone know anything about this Surname - Tacchino?

Correct family??? - This is the correct family. Tommy was my father.

Name: Angelo Vitale
Home in 1930: Omaha, Douglas, Nebraska
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898
BirthPlace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouses's Name: Lucy
Race: White

Household Members: Name Age
Angelo Vitale 32
Lucy Vitale 26
Joe Vitale 11
Nancy Vitale 10
Tommy Vitale 6
Angeline Vitale 3 8/12
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

cvitale wrote:Found out additional information. My grandfather Angelo Vitale came through Ellis Island as Angelo Tacchino and I was able to find that record. I am still trying to find his birth records from the microfilm but was unable to find Angelo Tacchino.
for references, the 1913 arrival manifest:

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0001
page 2:

Tacchino Angelo, age 18, single, place of birth and last residence in Italy Carlentini, leaving in Carlentini his mother Vitale Cesarea, joining his uncle Sebastiano Gulizia in Omaha 1004 Howard street...

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

cvitale wrote:The records I have now is my grandfather's death certificate, marriage certificate, SSI Index and 1930 Census.

I still do not know where he was born, when or if he was ever naturalized. If he was naturalized, what date, etc.

Angelo Vitale
Born: 11/14/1894 (listed on death certificate as 10/25/1895)
Died in Omaha, Nebraska August 13, 1964 (Douglas County)
Married Lucia Monaco on April 20, 1918 in Omaha.
They had four children, Nancy, Joseph, Gaetano (Thomas) - which is my father and Antoinette.
possible Draft Registration Card for the first world war:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
about Angelo Torchino
Name: Angelo Torchino
City: Omaha
County: Douglas
State: Nebraska
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: Nov 1894
Race: Caucasian (White)
FHL Roll Number: 1711762
DraftBoard: 4

place of birth listed: Carlentini.
address: 1012 South 13th street - Omaha

image:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsyHSXJ

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

in the 1920 census he's listed as Vitale:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Angelo Vitalia
Name: Angelo Vitalia
[Angelo Vitalis]
Home in 1920: Omaha Ward 4, Douglas, Nebraska
Estimated birth year: abt 1896
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's name: Louise Vitalia
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1913
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Angelo Vitalia 24 head, born in Italy, alien, labourer in a macaroni Co.
Louise Vitalia 20 wife, born in IT., immigr. year 1913
Joe Vitalia 0 [11/12] son, born in NE
Louis Moor 17 brother?, single, born in IT, immig. year 1913, labourer in a macaroni Co.

image:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsyIym9

Laura :D
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Maybe this date can be helpful....

I just noticed that on the first page of the 1913 arrival manfiest there is a naturalization mark on Angelo's line:

mark:

15-7417-1/24/35

15 is the INS naturalization office of Omaha, Nebraska
7417 may have been the application number of the Declaration of Intention or Petition
1/24/35 the date

see this:
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/occ/

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

pink67 wrote:in the 1920 census he's listed as Vitale:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Angelo Vitalia
Name: Angelo Vitalia
[Angelo Vitalis]
Home in 1920: Omaha Ward 4, Douglas, Nebraska
Estimated birth year: abt 1896
Relation to Head of House: Self (Head)
[Head]
Spouse's name: Louise Vitalia
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1913
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Neighbors: View others on page
Angelo Vitalia 24 head, born in Italy, alien, labourer in a macaroni Co.
Louise Vitalia 20 wife, born in IT., immigr. year 1913
Joe Vitalia 0 [11/12] son, born in NE
Louis Moor 17 brother?, single, born in IT, immig. year 1913, labourer in a macaroni Co.

image:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsyIym9

Laura :D
This boy was Lucia's brother Luciano.... Angelo's brother in law:

October 22, 1913:

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004
page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004

Inzalara? Angela travelling with her children Lucia, Sebastiano and Luciano, from Carlentini to Omaha to join her husband Gaetano Monaco in Omaha, 1004 Howard Street. (same address given by Angelo at the time of his arrival in NYC, to join his uncle Gulizia Sebastiano)

Laura
cvitale

Post by cvitale »

Laura,

Thank you for this information. I did find from microfilm birth records from Carlentini a birth certificate under the name of Angelo TACCHINO, born in Carlentini, Sicily on 19 November 1894. His Mother was listed as Cesarea VITALE. I am now planning to write the Stato di Civile in Carlentini and order an official copy. Do I need to send them any money for the costs of the official copy, postage, etc.?
Sheri

Post by Sheri »

I truly hope I can be helped. I've been reading the following information concerning surnames: VITALE, MONACO, CICUILLA and INZOLERA. I'm going to attempt to make a connection, however, I have a multitude of questions. Here is my family tree: I am the granddaughter of Alfio. His mother came to America with her sister Sarah. There was a third daughter left in Sicily. The story I know from my grandfather Alfio, is that his grandmother was married here in the USA. Grandpa was born in 1928. He remembers his grandmother Lucia living with the family. I'm assuming her husband passed away and she moved in shortly after. She died when he was eight or nine years old.

I have questions about the names thrown out throughout the previous posts. Some of the names and spouses were really off, but I wrote out a tree typed visual for whomever to take note. My confusion has always been with the names from my great-great-grandmother Lucia, and her daughter whose surname was Puglisi. I also can't confirm Lucia's husband's name, because grandpa didn't know it and her headstone at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery only has her name, not a spouse with her.

So, my question begins with curiosity. Did Lucia have additional children after she came to the states and with whom? Who are these people? I may have step cousins somewhere in Omaha where I live. I suspect the "Frank Cicuilla was Lucia's husband here possibly her 2nd husband. I think Lucia was married in Italy as well. I also believe her maiden name was Monoco.

I have met and currently keep in touch with the Monaco family in Sicily. They once visited my family in Omaha back in 1984. With the ease of FB, we keep in touch now on a regular basis. My sister has even gone to Italy to reacquaint herself and spend time with the Monaco's in Italy.

I really hope someone can clarify a few things for me beginning with the mysteries behind the household of Lucia.

Lucia Cicuilla
Salvatore Ruma-Maria Puglisi (Ruma)= sibling: one in Italy?
Theresa Mininni (Ruma)-Alfio Ruma= siblings: Tom Sarah
Frank Rayer- Sandie Ruma (Rayer) Mary
Sheri (Rayer) Carmelo
Connie
Rose
Antoniette
Louise
Samuel

Truly,
Sheri (Ruma) Rayer Kanger
Sheri

Post by Sheri »

I truly hope I can be helped. I've been reading the following information concerning surnames: VITALE, MONACO, CICUILLA and INZOLERA. I'm going to attempt to make a connection, however, I have a multitude of questions. Here is my family tree: I am the granddaughter of Alfio. His mother came to America with her sister Sarah. There was a third daughter left in Sicily. The story I know from my grandfather Alfio, is that his grandmother was married here in the USA. Grandpa was born in 1928. He remembers his grandmother Lucia living with the family. I'm assuming her husband passed away and she moved in shortly after. She died when he was eight or nine years old.

I have questions about the names thrown out throughout the previous posts. Some of the names and spouses were really off, but I wrote out a tree typed visual for whomever to take note. My confusion has always been with the names from my great-great-grandmother Lucia, and her daughter whose surname was Puglisi. I also can't confirm Lucia's husband's name, because grandpa didn't know it and her headstone at Holy Sepulchre Cemetery only has her name, not a spouse with her.

So, my question begins with curiosity. Did Lucia have additional children after she came to the states and with whom? Who are these people? I may have step cousins somewhere in Omaha where I live. I suspect the "Frank Cicuilla was Lucia's husband here possibly her 2nd husband. I think Lucia was married in Italy as well. I also believe her maiden name was Monoco.

I have met and currently keep in touch with the Monaco family in Sicily. They once visited my family in Omaha back in 1984. With the ease of FB, we keep in touch now on a regular basis. My sister has even gone to Italy to reacquaint herself and spend time with the Monaco's in Italy.

I really hope someone can clarify a few things for me beginning with the mysteries behind the household of Lucia.

Lucia Cicuilla
Salvatore Ruma-Maria Puglisi (Ruma)= sibling: one in Italy?
Theresa Mininni (Ruma)-Alfio Ruma= siblings: Tom Sarah
Frank Rayer- Sandie Ruma (Rayer) Mary
Sheri (Rayer) Carmelo
Connie
Rose
Antoniette
Louise
Samuel

Truly,
Sheri (Ruma) Rayer Kanger
Carlentinese

Re: Need birth information of my Grandfather - Angelo Vitale?

Post by Carlentinese »

Carlentini.
Hi, my grandpa Giuseppe was Angelo brother.
Her mother name is Cesarea.
have p.m.