"Held for Special Inquiry"

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
rg1905
Rookie
Rookie

"Held for Special Inquiry"

Post by rg1905 »

:D Hi All,
I found extra information through Ancestry.com since they update their immigration records. Along with regular ship manifests I also found the "Record of Aliens Held For Special Inquiry". My question is, on a record for "Anna Monaco", possibly my Great grandmother, the cause of detention was listed as , L.P.C. Husband in Italy. Does anyone know what L.P.C. might stand for. It is on the SS Lombardia arriving Jan 14 1902 from Naples, Italy. I'm still in the process of figuring out if this is my relative but it is a big possibility. I do need help with the codes and notations on these manifests. Does anyone know where I can find help with this?
Thanks
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: "Held for Special Inquiry"

Post by wldspirit »

Suedigi

Re: "Held for Special Inquiry"

Post by Suedigi »

Likely to become public charge. Often woman traveling alone or pregnant women listed as such until picked up by male relative.
Di Giacco, Nicotera; Bagnato, Fedele, Pavia, Rosarno and Sant’Eufemia; Grassi, Genoa; Martorana, Ministeri/o, Tramontana, Alu, Barravecchia, Di Carlo, Caltanissetta; Sassano; Gentiluomo; Gioffre, Foti,