Civil records after citizenship claim is accepted by embassy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Civil records after citizenship claim is accepted by embassy

Post by emiroirausquin »

Hi guys,
Could anyone explain to me what happens with the civil records after the citizenship claim is accepted by the embassy? I mean, What steps does the Italian government take to register those new citizens? Where do they get registered? And most importantly, what type of research the Italian government conducts to make sure the Italian Birth certificate you are introducing is really the one of your ancestor and it is not someone elses?

Thanks in advance,

Emiro
Emiro Irausquin Sangiovanni
http://www.italven.org
Genealogia Italiana en Venezuela - Base de Datos de italianos en venezuela 1800-1900
AnotherCitizenToBe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Civil records after citizenship claim is accepted by emb

Post by AnotherCitizenToBe »

I believe the short answer is that the documents are sent to your ancestor's comune where your "birth" and present address will be recorded, along with any missing information regarding the direct ascendants between you and your Italian ancestor - your father, perhaps.
mler
Master
Master

Post by mler »

Any research is conducted by the consulate, which ensures the line is correct before papers are submitted to the commune. That is why they check names and dates so carefully.
emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by emiroirausquin »

Thank you guys,
Emiro Irausquin Sangiovanni
http://www.italven.org
Genealogia Italiana en Venezuela - Base de Datos de italianos en venezuela 1800-1900