APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Smiriglio

Re: APLLYING FOR ITALIAN CITIZENSHIP IN ITALY. (Questions)

Post by Smiriglio »

I have not completed the process so I can not tell you with certainty that the process is easy or cheap or both. What I was told in Naples, at the questura, is that if you have Italian parentage and have a relative [up to fourth degree] in Italy, you can apply for a permesso di sogiorno if you move in with that relative. The relative must supply their identification and you must supply your birth certificate and proof of your Italian lineage. Once the sogiorno is granted, I was told that it is a simple matter to get your passport from the Commune.
What you are referring to about being expensive, I think, is if you try this without relying on relatives in Italy. In that case you have to establish that you can support yourself for a year without working. I can't.
Smiriglio

Post by Smiriglio »

Since I wrote the last response I read what Pastasugo [great name] wrote above where he mentioned [Circolare 32 13 Giugno 2007]. I skipped over that reference because I thought it was something else. It turns out to be very important. It is a notice of suspension of the requirnment of permeso di sogiorno. This actually simplifies the process of requesting recognition of citizenship. I sent my relatives a copy for them to find out what is actually involved.
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

If you recieved citizenship that way would it still pass down automatically to your children? Sounds like it would.

Jon
Smiriglio

Post by Smiriglio »

Again, I did not complete the process but they told me in Italy that it was recognition of my citizenship, not re-acquisition. So I assume that it will pass to my kids. That is why I'm doing all of this.
gabino

Post by gabino »

Yes, its the supporting of oneself that I was refering to. As you said, you cannot afford it, and I cannot either. What I was basicly saying is that I agreed with that other website, in that there is more to applying in Italy, than a mere permesso di soggiorno, especially like you said, if a person has no family to depend on. You made a good point
Smiriglio

Post by Smiriglio »

I have relatives that I can stay with. They would even feed me if need be, but that is not enough. I have a family and a mortgage and a big dog. I can not stay in Italy for more than a few weeks. That is what I am having my relatives find out about all this for me. How long does the process take now, considering the June 13 circular. The sogiorno process was time consuming because it involved setting up a residence and then waiting for a police officer to visit you to confirm you live at the given address. That is no longer required. Now all that has to be done is to declare one's intentions at the commune and providing proof of citizenship of parents.
pastasugo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pastasugo »

Within 8 days of arrival you go to the Questura and get a Declaration of Presence, which has replaced the old tourist permesso di soggiorno.

With this declaration, you apply for residenza at the comune. The police still come round to verify you live at your stated address.

Once you have residenza, you turn in your citizenship documents to the comune. They give you a document stating you've applied for recognition of jus sanguinis citizenship.

With this document you apply for a permesso di soggiorno per attesa della cittadinanza through the post office. With the post office receipt for your permesso application, or the permesso itself once you receive it (after a few months), you can legally stay in Italy for one year waiting for recognition of citizenship.
Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Paul_NL »

Smiriglio wrote:I have not completed the process so I can not tell you with certainty that the process is easy or cheap or both. What I was told in Naples, at the questura, is that if you have Italian parentage and have a relative [up to fourth degree] in Italy, you can apply for a permesso di sogiorno if you move in with that relative. The relative must supply their identification and you must supply your birth certificate and proof of your Italian lineage. Once the sogiorno is granted, I was told that it is a simple matter to get your passport from the Commune.
What you are referring to about being expensive, I think, is if you try this without relying on relatives in Italy. In that case you have to establish that you can support yourself for a year without working. I can't.
Can you send me an email granadaiscool @ hotmail . com?
Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Paul_NL »

Aqui há mais informações e um contrato com nosso serviço , Roberto Cescon:Cidadania.
Todos os certificados são legalizados?
Quando você planeia vir para Italia fazer a cidadania?
Pode você emitir-me a árvore de família do yor; seu endereço em Brasil, e as datas de nascimento, de união e de morte de toda sua família. Isto estará partindo de esse quem foi a Brasil?
Eu dar-lhe-ei as primeiras respostas.

Nós temos a base de dados a maior disponível, para o immigration de italia Ã
Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Paul_NL »

Smiriglio wrote:I just returned from Italy with the intention of finding out what would be necessary to require my Italian citizenship. What I was told by the Questura in Naples was that first I must apply for a permesso di sogiorno. That is obtainable easily as long as I have a relative up to the fourth degree living in the community of choice. Once the permesso is granted, the mayor must grant citizenship "immediately", according to: http://www.anusca.it/Flash/Circolare_28.htm.
The permesso can take time to get depending on the community and "who" you know since a police officer must visit your residence. Also when I spoke to the questura, they spoke in terms of recognizing my citizenship rather than reacquiring my citizenship.
If my girlfriend lives with my cousin(not related) who is a legal resident in Italy does this speed things up?
Smiriglio

Post by Smiriglio »

I'm confused. Is there more than one Paul_NL.
pastasugo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pastasugo »

Paul_NL wrote:If my girlfriend lives with my cousin(not related) who is a legal resident in Italy does this speed things up?
No, who she lives with has nothing to do with applying for citizenship.
Smiriglio

Post by Smiriglio »

What I was told by the questura in Naples was that if you have an Italian relative upto 4rth degree living in Italy, by taking residence with that relative it allows you to claim your citizenship [recognition not reacquisition] as long as you can prove your Italian lineage [Birth certificates]. I have not found anything on the web that confirms that, but it was a questura official that told this.
Paul_NL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Paul_NL »

Smiriglio wrote:I'm confused. Is there more than one Paul_NL.
No
pastasugo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pastasugo »

Smiriglio wrote:What I was told by the questura in Naples was that if you have an Italian relative upto 4rth degree living in Italy, by taking residence with that relative it allows you to claim your citizenship [recognition not reacquisition] as long as you can prove your Italian lineage [Birth certificates]. I have not found anything on the web that confirms that, but it was a questura official that told this.
If you qualify for recognition of jus sanguinis citizenship, you are allowed to claim your citizenship regardless of whom you live with. Your living arrangements are irrelevant to applying for recognition of jus sanguinis citizenship.