translations for apostille?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
maddief
Rookie
Rookie

translations for apostille?

Post by maddief »

Do documents in English that are required for the dual citizenship application need to be translated into Italian? If so, do they need to be translated before sending them off to get the apostille? And finally, can a relative of mine who speaks fluent Italian translate the documents for me or does it have to be done by a professional (aka expensive) service?

While I'm at it, I have an unrelated question. Has anyone ever had to do an FBI record check in order to apply? Is that standard?
pastasugo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: translations for apostille?

Post by pastasugo »

Do documents in English that are required for the dual citizenship application need to be translated into Italian?
Yes
If so, do they need to be translated before sending them off to get the apostille?
No
And finally, can a relative of mine who speaks fluent Italian translate the documents for me or does it have to be done by a professional (aka expensive) service?
Depends on which consulate you use. Ask your consulate to be sure.
While I'm at it, I have an unrelated question. Has anyone ever had to do an FBI record check in order to apply? Is that standard?
FBI record check is not required for jus sanguinis citizenship application.
garibotto

Post by garibotto »

quienes hablan español (peru)
maddief
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maddief »

Do documents in Italian need to be translated into English too? Do they require an apostille? (Sorry I'm asking all these questions -- it is impossible to get anyone from the Consulate on the phone!)
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

maddief wrote:Do documents in Italian need to be translated into English too? Do they require an apostille? (Sorry I'm asking all these questions -- it is impossible to get anyone from the Consulate on the phone!)
No, Italian documents don't need to be translated into english, and they also don't need to get apostille
I know Italian Consulate in USA are impossible to contact, you should go there in person to look for informations
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol:
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

any idea on where to find these translaters, are there official ones and quanto costa?