Domenico Mascia

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
angelamascia
Rookie
Rookie

Domenico Mascia

Post by angelamascia »

Hi,
I am trying to find more information on a Domenico Mascia who lived and worked in West Virginia. He died in the Monongah mine disaster on December 6, 1907 in West Virginia. Monongah is close to Fairmont in Marion County, WV. This year marks the 100th anniversary and several celebrations will be held in honor of the decesed miners.
All I know is that he must have been in his late 20's or early 30's when he died (I'm trying to find out when he was born) and that he was married to a Marion (Mary) Emma Edith Grimm and that they had two children. I found several records of Domenico Mascia's coming through Ellis Island but not knowing exactly when he was born makes it difficult to determine which one is the right one.
My goal is to find out if I (we, my family; Mascia) am/are related to Domenico Mascia and what happened to his children and other family members in West Virginia.
If anyone can provide any information that could help me one step further, it would be greatly appreciated. Please respond all of you who know anything about the Mascia family. THANK YOU - GRAZIE!
Angela M.