Italian Embassy?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Embassy?

Post by davidlatour »

Does the U.S embassy have a jurisdiction requirement to apply there? It seems like the embassy should serve the whole country, but i'm guessing this is just another dead end. :?
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Italian Embassy?

Post by PeterTimber »

Please explain? =Peter=
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Post by davidlatour »

Ok this is what i'm thinking....

In order for you to apply for citizenship at a consulate, you have to reside in the consulates jurisdiction. Essentially, I'm asking if the embassy's jurisdiction is a certain region of the United States or the entire country. If its jurisdiction is the whole country, I would assume you could apply at the embassy as well your local consulate.

I went to the embassy's website and all I could find was information on the jurisdictions of the various consulates. I didn't find anything on the embassy's jurisdiction.

Just a thought...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Thank you . I am not involved with Italian citizenship very much but I see that it has it s beaurocratic moments to say the least. =Peter=
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi David,

There is only one Italian Embassy and it is located in Washington D.C. I've included this link so you can see which consulate is closest to you. I hope this will be of some help.

http://www.ambwashingtondc.esteri.it/Am ... consolare/
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

Post by davidlatour »

Turns out the embassy serves as a consulate only for those residing in the area immediately around washington d.c. So i was wrong
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

No problem. It gets confusing. The only time a person can go to the embassy for citizenship issues is when they have to gain status immediately and it is almost 100% of the time a job related issue. Even at that, the embassy can still decline to assist in pushing the case through.