records format

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
davidlatour
Rookie
Rookie

records format

Post by davidlatour »

hey everyone,

i just received a birth certificate and a marriage certificate from the worcester, ma city clerk, but i'm concerned about something... both of the documents look like something you could type up on microsoft word. I was expecting to get something with boxes that looked a little fancier (at least thats how mine looks out here in CA). I ordered the certified records off of the city website, so it seems this is all they give. Would this be considered "short form" records? It lists the names of the parents and everything.

problem 2:

The birth certificate lists my grandmother's parents as being 25 and 26 when they were really 35 and 36! what should i do?

UPDATE:

I contacted the city clerk and he said they don't give "short-form" records and mine contains all the information available. Also, he stated that I have no way of amending an discrepancies because the individual is no longer living. 8O
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri