Getting documents from Argentina

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Getting documents from Argentina

Post by argentuban »

Anyone else have experience with this? I’m using an attorney there and the state of San Juan is sitting on the last two documents I need. It’s got me worried that I won’t get them.

ItalianTranslator
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Getting documents from Argentina

Post by ItalianTranslator »

Was the lawyer able to locate the records? The Registro Civil should issue them in a week, at most.
Unless they have to search for them manually... (if names/dates/places are wrong).

Did you provide an Argentinian ID of he persons whose records you are trying to locate/request? Like a CI (cédula de identidad) or a LC (libreta civica) or LE (libreta de enrolamiento). This should speed up things considerably.

Paola
🇺🇸🇮🇹 I am an ATA and CIOL translator and I translate vital records from English and Spanish to Italian.

argentuban
Rookie
Rookie

Post by argentuban »

We have copies of the documents in question. I think the issue is finding where they are. I will ask these questions to the lawyer. Thanks.

ItalianTranslator
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ItalianTranslator »

I have a guy in Argentina who I think could get you the record. Incidentally, he is from San Juan but he is not a lawyer. Contact me by PM or other direct method if you are interested. I don't check this forum often enough.

Paola
🇺🇸🇮🇹 I am an ATA and CIOL translator and I translate vital records from English and Spanish to Italian.