Need help or advice please Filippo Presti

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
stefanieetem

Need help or advice please Filippo Presti

Post by stefanieetem »

Hello,

I would love some help or advice:

I'm trying to obtain any information and birth certificates for my Great-grandfather, Filippo Presti Born in either 1878 or 1879 and Great- grandmother Maria Velardita. All the documentation that I have says that he is from Aidone Sicily and she is from Piazza, Di, Marina, Caltanissetta, Italy, but I have not been able to locate any birth records. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also trying to apply for dual citizenship through his bloodline so his birth certificate is most important. I have ordered a naturalization record for him from the US, but I don't think he ever naturalized. My Great grandmother naturalized in the US in 1943 as Mary Presti. I'm currently waiting for a response from US immigration to confirm him. The path that I've come up with so far is: Filippo Presti, my great grandfather went to the US with his wife Maria Filippa Velardita(Not sure what year)they had a son in the US(my grandfather). He was then sent back to Italy for the war in 1915. His wife and son, Vincenzo(my grandfather) followed. They had another child while back in Italy named Giuseppe. They all came back to the US in 1921 as register on ship passenger list of Regina d Italia. They are all listed as "aliens" except for oldest son Vincenzo who was born in US. They are also registered as aliens on the US census.

Great Grandfather-Filippo Presti- Born November 5th 1878 or 1979 (His father- Vincenzo Presti - His mother- Scroppo Lucia Grazia) Mother's name is written like this on several documents that I have. I think Scroppo is her last name and Lucia is her first.
Great Grandmother- Maria Velardita - December 29th 1883
Grandfather- Vincenzo Presti

Thank you,
Stefanie Presti-Etem

mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Need help or advice please Filippo Presti

Post by mmogno »

A Maria Velardita, daughter of Salvatore and Salvatrice Pecora, was born in Piazza Almerina (now Enna province) on October 27, 1883 and was baptized on October 28 at the Parrocchia di Santa Maria d'Itria (record #107)
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... at=1546857