Adoption DNA question

Genetic genealogy is the application of genetics to traditional genealogy. Genetic genealogy involves the use of genealogical DNA testing to determine the level and type of the genetic relationship between individuals.
AmandaP
Rookie
Rookie

Adoption DNA question

Post by AmandaP »

Hello! I have a question regarding DNA testing. My husband is adopted and he is in contact with his birth family. He would like to get his DNA tested. I've tried making family tree for him but since he's adopted I've had a some trouble. His adoption was open. Would it be worth it for him to have a DNA test done?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Adoption DNA question

Post by Italysearcher »

If you know the birth family you should be able to construct a family tree. DNA testing is only useful if there is doubt about parentage.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Lee50

Post by Lee50 »

Which DNA test is best for adoptees?
Azerbaijan visa for Pakistani citizens evisa for Pakistan citizens is available.
marghare

Post by marghare »

I am trying to locate the military (Navy) records of Giuseppe Fiorentino. The goal here is to find the identities of his biological parents. He was abandoned as an infant in Palermo on about August 6, 1902. According to the story he was dressed beautifully and had a note attached with the name Fiorentino. With the clues we've gotten from 23&ME we have names of his second cousins, Scarlata, and his first cousins, Prato. but now we seem to have come to a dead end. He would have had to register for the military at age 18 (1920) and served starting at 21(1923). We know he served on a submarine. Where do I go next?
Mikadillo

Post by Mikadillo »

You say your goal is to find Giuseppe's bio-parents but you want his military records. Why do you think they will have his parent's name if he didn't know them? If you are just looking for military records you could go here: https://www.italiamerica.org/id132.htm As far as finding more family have you downloaded your DNA raw data and posted it on all the other websites (Ancestry, MyHeritage, GEDmatch, etc). Each has their own database and different individuals. You may find other relatives that will help you construct a family tree to find your answers.
harrisonkit

Post by harrisonkit »

What kind of DNA report is needed for a MyTaproot Birth Family Search in China?
Moving furniture can be backbreaking work, but with the help of some of the best furniture sliders for carpet, you can drag and slide furniture without damaging the floors.