Pricolo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bannah22

Re: Pricolo

Post by bannah22 »

My Grandfather Carman's brother was Giovanni Pricolo who came to America in 1905 with my Great grandmother Luigia (Luvisa) Pricolo, Giovanni was only 8yrs old when he entered America, but I bet coming from Saponara, Potenza they are related to the Giovanni you are asking about. Giovanni's father was Mishele Pricolo who entered America in 1900 to be with his brothers. They all settled in Central California. I believe that all Pricolo's are related. I have not heard of any of the names you write about, but if I come across anything I will let you know ASAP. If you come across anything on Pricolo please let me know. I am still looking for the maiden name of my Great Grandmother Luigia (Luvisa) also called Louise Pricolo. I will be getting my Grandfather Carman's birth certificate as soon as I can. He was born in Stockton, California and hopefully on his birth certificate it will have my great grandmother's maiden name. We will see. Sorry I could not be more help. I have been able to obtain the ship's manifest and census sheets. And they were a big help. If any one out there knows of Luvisa's maiden name please respond. Oh yeh, all my Pricolo family was from Saponara Naples Italy. Thank you
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

Mishele Pricolo DOB: July 3, 1877 possibly from San Grumento Nova Naples Italy, but the last place of residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. He left Naples Italy on September 7, 1900 on the Kaiser Wilhelm ship and arrived at the Port of New York on September 20, 1900. Joined his brother in Los Banos CA before moving to Stockton CA. DOD: July 1, 1929 in Stockton California. Belong to the (U.P.E.C. organization.)? exactly where was he born in Italy? His wife Luvisa (Luigia/Louise) Pricolo do not know maiden name DOB: December 24, 1877 possibly San Grumento Nova Naples, Italy, but last residence was Saponara as stated on the ships manifest. She left Naples on June 8 1905 on the Sardegna Ship with young son Giovanni and Antonio with her. She arrived at the Port of New York on June 23, 1905. When she arrived the note takers spelled her name Luigia Pricola.
Also numbers located next to her name on the manifest are 22X25756505 4/29/42 and on her son Antonio 22X23094505 9/4/41 DOD: January 12, 1966 San Joaquin On the ships manifest it said she was joining her husband Mishele in Los Banos. So Where they moved to Stockton CA shortly after. I am sure it is her. Also in the 1910 census it said they had boarders. if I am correct: Augo Alamino, Peter and Ben Conscrici, and James Ferirri. Mishele and Luvisa' address was 1104 E Sonora, Stockton CA. Mishele owned a grocery store at 414 S Union St. Stockton, CA. Does anyone know Luvisa' maiden name and where exactly Mishele and her were born at in Italy. Also what was the name of their grocery store in Stockton? They would have had owned it about 1908 to 1930. Son took over after Mishele died. Also note takers spelled our name Pricola, but my great grandparents kept it Pricolo. Thank you
Pamela M Pricolo-Tamez
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

bannah22 wrote:Thank you for the above info. If anyone out there has any info on my great grandmother Luvisa's (Louise) Pricolo's maiden name and where she was born in Italy please respond. I also know that my Great Grandfather Michele Pricolo died in about 1929 in Stockton California from falling off of a truck and hitting his head, that is the story. He owned a grocery store at 414 S. Union Street in Stockton California at about 1927-29. I would like to know what the name of the grocery store was. Also I noticed that in different logs some note takers wrote the surname as Pricolo or Pricola. It is originally Pricolo.

Thank you
Pamela M Pricolo-Tamez

I found out the name "Pricolo and Sons Grocers"
bannah22

Post by bannah22 »

bannah22 wrote:
bannah22 wrote:Thank you for the above info. If anyone out there has any info on my great grandmother Luvisa's (Louise) Pricolo's maiden name and where she was born in Italy please respond. I also know that my Great Grandfather Michele Pricolo died in about 1929 in Stockton California from falling off of a truck and hitting his head, that is the story. He owned a grocery store at 414 S. Union Street in Stockton California at about 1927-29. I would like to know what the name of the grocery store was. Also I noticed that in different logs some note takers wrote the surname as Pricolo or Pricola. It is originally Pricolo.

Thank you
Pamela M Pricolo-Tamez

I found out the name "Pricolo and Sons Grocers"
1916 to 1929
bannah

Post by bannah »

October 3, 2012

My Italian Lineage

My Grandfather Carmen Joseph Pricolo born August 14, 1917 and died Jan 17, 1977 Stockton, CA Married Jessie Lucile Coldwell born Telequah Cherokee Co. Ok Jan 24, 1918 died Nov 16, 1944 Stockton, CA
They had my mother Carolyn Hazel Pricolo

Well found out info on my Great grandparents Ok their name's Michele Pricolo born July 17, 1877 and Saponara di Grumento Naples Italy died July 1, 1929 Stockton, CA. Born to Giovanni Pricolo born 1825 and Feb 2, 1886 in Saponara di Grumento Naples Italy and Teresa Cuiffo born and died in Saponara di Grumento Naples Italy. Giovanni born to Michelangelo Pricolo and Rosalia Brandi.

Luigia Pricolo her maiden name is Pricolo also same as her husband's, born Dec 24, 1877 Saponara di Grumento Naples Italy died Jan 12, 1966 born to Antonio Pricolo and Maria Teresa Brandi both Antonio and Maria Teresa died in Saponara di Grumento Naples Italy. Any info on the Brandi family would be greatly appreciated. Also I know that Luigia and Michele had to be related probably cousins.