Ricciotti/Santangelo/Giannantonia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Ricciotti/Santangelo/Giannantonia

Post by tonyric »

Errr tied Vincent and Maria together as brother and sister and that it is possible that Maria and Domenica were the same person.
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

OK, now, I haven't contacted Raiano yet..... I wonder if there is a difference in first names if it could cause any issue with the consulate. Of course they may not even ask for her BC, but if they do, and there is that discrepancy, could it cause a problem?
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

I found the card from 1945 with my GGF petition number and alien registration number on it. I think my life just got a heck of a lot easier!!!! I didn't think he naturalized, but it appears he did.

On the card, it has the date of order of admission as April 30, 1945 at the US District Court at Boston..... Petition number, Alien Registration number. Then above his signature is a "cent. ident." number.

Is this just his petition?

Will this help me with my document collection since I no longer appear to need a "no records found"? Will a certified NARA copy and the USCIS copy work for this proof?

One note on this card is his birth date does not match all of the other paperwork I have, it is off by about 40 days (same year). I do not yet have the BC from the commune.
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

Wanted to give you folks an update:

Got my GGF's birth certificate last week WOOT! Received notification from IGCS that Maria (Domenica)'s birth certificate is on it's way to me so I should have that next week and then I will know for sure how to proceed with her BC. If it states Domenica as a middle name, then great, no problem. If it doesn't then my father, uncle and aunt (my GGF's grandchildren) will sign affidavits that while she used Domenica here in the states, their father always referred to her as Maria Domenica and that should take care of the name problem.

Next up is the appostilles and the letters of no appeal for my divorces. Also, I need to contact the Boston Consulate (Mr. Corrao) and explain the situation around my first marriage license which is 21 years old and cannot be reproduced. Hopefully, I can get a letter from the Japanese Consulate to confirm this and see what he wants me to do about that. I am hoping that will not be an issue at all. The last thing I need to do is to correct my grandfathers mothers name on his death certificate (correct first name but the last name on it is my grandmothers mothers maiden name).

Once the items in the last paragraph are complete, then I will be good to go. I think I should be no more than 1-2 months from having it all together. I think I will scan in everything I have after I get my GGM's birth certificate and send it to Mr. Corrao and let him tell me what needs to be done (appostilles, death certificate correction, etc). I am so close that I can taste it. :)

Thank you all for your ongoing assistance with this, it has been a learning experience. It has also got me into doing a full blown family tree. I currently have that 7 generations deep from my son to my GGgrandparents in two places and so wide that I have only been able to work on one side (paternal) of my family and that is already at ~150 people and growing, my mothers side has largely been done by another cousin of mine and that numbers some 300 people. LOL I have a much larger extended family than I realized. :D

Tony
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

One question though.... With the USCIS changes, do I still need to go through them? I have the full NARA copy for my GF's naturalization which includes the pretty ribboned letter, the petition, affidavit of witness, declaration of intention, and certificate of loyalty. If this sufficient or do I still need to go through the USCIS?
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Post by tonyric »

If, in fact I do have to gile a request with the USCIS, I need the C file number right? That is the certificate number that is on his Oath of Allegiance?