Researching Italian family - in Bagaladi, Reggio Calabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vantaylor

Researching Italian family - in Bagaladi, Reggio Calabria

Post by vantaylor »

I am researching the Legato family history. I am interested in finding the brothers and sisters - and also the parents - of a Bruno Legato, born around 1730 in Bagaladi, Reggio Calabria, Italy.

Any information would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Van Taylor
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Researching Italian family - in Bagaladi, Reggio Calabri

Post by PeterTimber »

You can find micorfilm records for Bagaladi, Postale 89060 Reggio Calabria province of all births,marriahes and deaths from 1809 to 1910 and there also may be church records in bagaladi on microfilm as well. Go to you r nearest Momron family History library at www.familysearch.org for location nearest your home. You can make copies and possibly transfer the records to your PC.

You may also wish to go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Legato in the first line and Bagaladi in the second line and click Cerca for all persons surnamed Legato in Bagaladi, if any and you may wish to correspond or call them. If you wish you can send potential relative letters in Italian and obtain documents in Bagaladi by using the website www.mangeruca.com and addressing inquiries, requesting records and certificate free of charge from the Uffio di Stato Civile, Comune di Bagaladi, Postale 89060, (RC, Calabria Italy.

If you go to www.familysearch.org and under ancestor search and just put in Legato and Italy you will find that there are many persons surnamed Legato in Bova marina which may be the family intial point of origin. =Peter=
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I have many of the films Peter is taking about on permanent loan but it won't help you with siblings since your ancestor was born almost 80 years earlier.

I think writing away might be your best bet.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

That is why I referred you the inquirer to church records for dates prior to 1809 which will take you back to time earlier than the late 1700's. In the event that you wish to know the name of the church(es) please let us know. =Peter=