Finno came from Gesualdo Italy to NY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lindsayxx
Rookie
Rookie

Finno came from Gesualdo Italy to NY

Post by lindsayxx »

I am researching my great grandmother's family. The Finno's. Antonnette Finno married Antonio Carrabis. I would like to find Antonnette's Parents names or any siblings she might of had. I know Antonnette came from Gesualdo Italy in 1913 to NY. She was born in 1882 and died in 1943 in Queens NY. But I know nothing of her parents or siblings. Thank you
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Finno came from Gesualdo Italy to NY

Post by PeterTimber »

You can either go to the nearest Mormon church familyhistory library and rent out the microfilmof the civil records for Gesualdo for all births, marriages and deaths in Gesualdo for the years 1821 to 1910 where you can trace your family back to that year or else you can write to the Uffico di Stato Civile, Comune di Gesualdo and make a request in Italian by going to the www.mangeruca.com website where you willfind the italian language form for requesting her birth record (estratto di nascita= long form for more info). The address for the Ufficio di Stato civile is in the same website). You may wish send a self addressed envelope with about $10US as a tip since the service is free and the reesearch is done at the end of day by poorly pauid clerks. Wait 6-8 weeks. =Peter=
lindsayxx
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lindsayxx »

Thank you!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you write you can obtain her fathers name when requesting her Birth record and asking for her family Certificato di Stato di famiglia storico (Family status certificate which lists all immediate family members, births,marriages and deaths) in which she will be listed as well.

You can also find her parents names if you go to the microfilms. Your choice. =Peter=