cianfagna

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Regina all you have done here is speculate without any knowledge and minimum information which is laudable since your efforts go beyond the call of duty. However, I too could have come up with MAYBE THIS or MAYBE that . If I was so inclined I would have posed a query toi the poster to ask hger for additional information so that you could be assured tht your were doing the best for the inquirer rather than pursue your own suspect motives. Peter
regina
Rookie
Rookie

Post by regina »

I posted information that I believe will be helpful to ljeana.

What do you mean by stating that my motives are suspect?

Regina
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I have too much admiration for you, your leadership qualities and knoweldge of italian genealogy to suddenly confront a response that is not your style in view of the lack of any definitive information and pure speculation on your part. Iy gave me pause to reflect. It is only in this instance do I question your motives and continue to admire you from afar. Peter
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

I received the following e-mail:

I have just stumbled on this web site and find it very interesting. My father-in-law, Giueseppe Cianfagna was born 1925 in Castelmauro in the province of Campobasso. His father's name was Dominic Cianfagna. My father-in-law immigrated to Canada in 1950. I noticed that you have found Gianfagna names in your research, but not Cianfagna maybe this will help you. Good luck Deanne Cianfagna (cianfagnas@shaw.ca)

I thought it might be useful to you.
John Armellino
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

what does one thing (Giancarlo Cianfagna her father-in law) have to do with your family John? Reme,ber she is looking for a record on Giancarlo Cianfagna and no one else that I am aware of. All speculation about nothing. Peter
lnmf

Re: cianfagna

Post by lnmf »

I just registered on this site. Looked up my maternal grandfather's name.

I hope this may be of any help to you in regard to area of Campobasso. His name was Oreste Cianfagna born July 3, 1886 in Civitacampomarano (Larius?) Campobasso. He came to US in 1920 from Naples to NY. His parents were Dionizio and Maria nee Panzillo. I know the name of one sister, Adelina and one nephew, Felipe, who went to Canada.