Help with the Ignomeriello name?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jerseymike

Help with the Ignomeriello name?

Post by jerseymike »

My Grandfather, Filomeno Ignomeriello was born in Giovinazzo, Italy 9/16/1900. My Great Grandfather was: Raffaele Ignomeriello. Born in Giovinazzo, Italy 1/6/1864. His father was: Antonio Ignomeriello. I believe other family members came from Potenza/Basilicata. With such an odd last name could other last names I found:Ignomirelli or Ignomiriello be related to me? Does it have any meaning or is it derived from another last name? It was changed to Ignomirello when my Grandfather came to America in 1922. Any help or information would be a blessing! Thank You! M.R.I.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help with the Ignomeriello name?

Post by PeterTimber »

The correct spelling is IGNOMERIELLO and if you go to www.paginebianche.it you will find 3 listed. There are 37 thruout the entire Puglia region. If you wish to write to them go to www.mangeruca.com and send them a potential relative letter if you do not write in Italian.

The surname is not listed in the Italy surname dictionary and therefore is considered to be either imported or created locally. The origins of the surname cannot be determined but the word dictionary for IGNAME means The vegetable tuber Yam and maybe related in some way. But there is no proof of that just an educated observation at best. =Peter=
Ignomirelli

Re: Help with the Ignomeriello name?

Post by Ignomirelli »

PeterTimber wrote:The correct spelling is IGNOMERIELLO and if you go to www.paginebianche.it you will find 3 listed. There are 37 thruout the entire Puglia region. If you wish to write to them go to www.mangeruca.com and send them a potential relative letter if you do not write in Italian.

The surname is not listed in the Italy surname dictionary and therefore is considered to be either imported or created locally. The origins of the surname cannot be determined but the word dictionary for IGNAME means The vegetable tuber Yam and maybe related in some way. But there is no proof of that just an educated observation at best. =Peter=
Il mio nome è francesco Ignomirelli di Potenza Italy. Mio nonno era Oronzo Ignomirelli o Ignomeriello nato a Bitonto prov. di Bari