I m still searching?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tenby
Rookie
Rookie

I m still searching?

Post by tenby »

Still looking for my elusive ggrandfather, I found this marriage on family search and wondered if its him. Could someone please have a look on any census around that time, would it give his occupation. If it is him he was a bigamist as he never divorced my ggrandmother here in Wales UK.

I have the UK census with my ggrandmother and grandmother on but no Carlo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles Bessolo Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: , , Italy

Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Louis Bessolo Family
Mother: Rose Bertodatto

Marriages:
Spouse: Amalia Toneano Family
Marriage: 11 DEC 1900 Calumet, Houghton, Michigan

Thank you

Lynne
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: I m still searching?

Post by nuccia »

Lynne,

The Charles here was born abt 21 Jan 1880. He came from France port to the US in 1897 and lived in Michigan for eight years before applying for a passport for his wife, Amalia (1878) and US born child Rose (1901). He lived in Michigan and became a US citizen in 1902.

If this sounds like it could be your Charles, let me know and I will post the info.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
tenby
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tenby »

Thank you nuccia for looking but my Carlo (Charles) was born abt 1854 according to the marriage certifacate I have, guess I will carry on searching he must of gone somewhere after leaving the UK in 1897.

Lynne
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

the paying english website www.findmypast.com has listings for migrations up and down years including 1879 for Bessolo and other surnames "B". They might consider a one time try for a minimal amount. =Peter=