Newbie (help with Contrata/DiLuzio)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Newbie (help with Contrata/DiLuzio)

Post by wldspirit »

Obituary to confirm maiden name of Assunta:

Pasquale DiLuzio

Pasquale ?Pat? DiLuzio, 82, of Rancho Mirage died May 22, 2004, in Rancho Mirage.

He was born Jan. 29, 1922, to Giocchino and
Assunta Contrada DiLuzio in East Boston, Mass.

He married Mary Douglas on Oct. 21, 1945, in Somerville, Mass.

He was a planning engineer at Hughes Aircraft for 28 years.

He is survived by his wife, Mary DiLuzio of Rancho Mirage; his son, Fred DiLuzio of Huntington Beach; his brother, Giuseppi DiLuzio of Laguna Hills; and three grandchildren.

Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today, with a vigil at 6 p.m. at FitzHenry Funeral Home Palm Desert Chapel.

A funeral service will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Palm Desert.

Interment will be at Coachella Valley Cemetery under the direction of FitzHenry Funeral Home Palm Desert Chapel.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

You have been a very busy lady this morning! Awesome information, Lee. I am also having trouble linking this morning. Vista is causing me problems. Will try to link the records as the day progresses. With me, it seems to be hit and miss lately with links.. :(
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

My laptop is running Vista, heard alot of people complain about it......
maybe that's why I'm having problems......

There is ALOT more to be discovered on this family. Quite a few males who seem to be connected, possibly more brothers.

Taking a power nap....have fun!!
Lee

infamousree

Post by infamousree »

Oh my goodness. You guys are AMAZING! We thought all hope was lost and now have a new surge of energy.

Can't wait to get all of this information down and continue the search with the links you provided!

Thanks for all your efforts!
Rhianna
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Happy to have helped, we have a great team here at IG!!
If you need any further assistance, feel free to post,
there is always someone available to assist you.
Happy Hunting!!
wldspirit

raphaeldiluzio

Post by raphaeldiluzio »

Hello,

My name is Raphael Di Luzio, I am Gussippe Di Luzio's son and grandson of Giaocchino(Jack) and Asunta Di Luzio, Asunta is was a Contrada. They lived in watertown MA, We still have family there, my father Gussippe (Joseph) lives in Laguna Beach CA and the family in Italy , now resides in Anversa delgi Abruzzi. Tnen above that in a smaller town is the original village with the crumbling fortress of the Di Luzio family in Castrovalva.

I was there about 5 years ago and stayed with cousins in the village of Anversa, painted landscapes of the village and went up to the original village and saw our old family fortress (pretty much crumbled) and our families coat of arms on a family house sold to a doctor in Rome.

This is exciting to find others in my family!
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello and welcome to this forumn. You have to fine people helping you in your new found research.
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
rjlewl

Post by rjlewl »

Hello,
I am interested in the reply by Raphael.
My ggrandmother's name was Leonilda May DeLuzo (sometimes DeLuzio, DeLucci). I have a copy of her death certificate. She lived in New Jersey at the time and her father's name is Nazarene DeLuzo and her mother's name is Leona Domenica or Dominica.
She was married to Bernardino Bolli. We believe she was from Acquasanta Terme, Le Marche. We know he was born in Montegallo and is buried in Acquasata Terme. A guncle attended my ggrandfather's funeral in 1968 and he sent us a picture of a Castel di Luco, joking that maybe this belongs to my ggranmother's family.
I know that my ggrandmother were landowners and had money. I was told that when she married him the family felt that she was marrying beneath her station. On a ship's passenger list they say there were married in Milano in 1905 or 1906. I believe they may have eloped.
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
I was interested in what you said about a family stronghold. Is that located in Anversa? Do you have a picture of the family coat of arms?
Thank you in advance for any information that you can give.
Rose