Looking for

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jbucher

Looking for

Post by jbucher »

Papandrea, Furfaro, Farraro from Grotteria - Calabria
it is said that my great grandmother Immaculata Farraro Papandrea, left Grotteria to come to America and left one son in Italy. Rocco Papandrea - does anyone know that name?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for

Post by PeterTimber »

There is Immacolata Papandrea at www.paginebianche.it and put in Papandrea in the first kline and Grotteria inthe second line and clcik CERCA for her full name,address and telephone number. =Peter=
jbucher

Post by jbucher »

I have found that name - would love to send a letter requesting if she could be related, however, I do not speak Italian and I have been told the dialect from Grotteria is of Greek decent. so its even harder!
any suggestions?
thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I don't think dialect figure much these days save for some of the older rersidents. actually Italian is most prevant these days with english being mandatory and taught inthe local schools.

To send a form letter in Italian to potential relatives go to write this out so that it can come up on your screen first put in the www and then angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Davids_form letters.html which is Italian genealogy letter #6 which you just have to fill in and mail to the address of the person (s) in Grotteria in the website I previous furnished you for addresses and telephone numbers. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

omit
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

omit