Costantini Piedimonte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Bonshan

Costantini Piedimonte

Post by Bonshan »

Looking for any info on Domenico Costantini born aug 2 1893 Piedimonte d'Alife (Caserta). Trying to confirm if he later used the name Dominick Costando after immigration via NY in 1910

Any information appreciated

Vorrei trovare documenti di Domenico Costantini nato a Piedimonte d'Alife 2 agosto 1893. Penso che tanti documenti nel municipio siano distrutti.

Grazie a tutti
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Costantini Piedimonte

Post by wldspirit »

Can you confirm this record for reference:

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957

Name: Domenico Costantini
Arrival Date: 5 May 1910
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1893
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Neckar
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Caserta
Line: 22
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_1471
Birth Location: Caserta
Birth Location Other: piedrmonte
Page Number: 152

Leaving Uncle Alfonso in Piedmonte, and joining Uncle ???
(cannot make out the name) in New Haven, Connecticut.

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes he did use Costando. Go to www.ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com for his social security record. His birthdate matches and he resided in Dobbs Ferry, NY. =Peter-
Bonshan

Post by Bonshan »

PeterTimber wrote:Yes he did use Costando. Go to www.ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com for his social security record. His birthdate matches and he resided in Dobbs Ferry, NY. =Peter-
Grazie tanto...
I have the manifest for Domenico Costantini, WWI
draft record for Dominick Costando and SS info. I am trying to confirm that they are one and the same. I have written to Archivio di Stato in Caserta hoping to confrim match in birthdate.
I appreciate your prompt replies...
Question: How does one send money for copying fees to Europe?...can't send US postal money order so I am sending my letter via my cousin in Parma..who will get me a money order there. Help appreciated.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is no charge insofar as I know for copies of documents in the Uffici di Stato Civile or the Archivio di stati in Italy. The service is free and if there is a charge which I doubt they will let you know. =Peter=
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello. Sorry to Barge in on this forum. I was reading through it. Peter, is this the same one you advised me to use as well??
Uffici di Stato Civile or the Archivio di stati in Italy
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear beer and ski partner Uffico di stato Civile is the comune office and the archivio di stato is the provincial office.=Peter=
Bonshan

Post by Bonshan »

The Archivio di Stato di Caserta requested a postal money order (un vaglia postale) for 3.50 euro for a copy of school records to confirm a date of birth. Caserta birth records 1809-1865 are at the provincial archives. Later birth records must be acquired at the Ufficio Anagrafe del Comune (of the comune one is seeking).
Bonshan

Post by Bonshan »

Grazie a Giancarlo Scappaticcio da Comune di Piedimonte Matese (Caserta) Oggi ho ricevuto l'estratto dal registro degli atti di nascita
per Domenico Constantini che ha confirmato il dato di nascita...

I received the birth record from Piedimonte Matese which confirmed the same birthdate for Domenico Costantini /Dominick Costando and believe them to be the same person.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

That's great! Your request was processed pretty quickly to....my comune is soooo slow to respond to request...... :roll:

If there is anything further we can help with, let us know, and thanks for keeping us updated!!

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Bonshan

Post by Bonshan »

Pavesi/ Occhibovi:Now that this is name and date are confirmed, I am seeking information on Erminia Pavesi mother of Domenico Costantini, immigrated with him May 1910 and may have gone to New Haven, CT to brother Occhibovi perhaps Olive Street. No luck with death index or accessible census records. Help welcomed
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Thedre is onkly one family in Connecticut surnamed pavesi so go to www.switchboard.com and put in Pavesi and connecticut for person search and when all 4 show up you will se 3 are living in XShelton Connecticut and one in hartford. You can either c all or write to them since their addresses are shown. Do the same for Constantini. =Peter=
Bonshan

Post by Bonshan »

In a google search for "New Haven Italians" I came across a book by Anthony Riccio about the Italian immigrant experience in New Haven, CT. With his help I have determined that the name I was searching for was Occhiboi...and subsequently found the family in the 1920 federal census.
Erminia Pavesi is still a mystery. Perhaps she never got to her intended destination.

This is the link to his website which describes the book. It would be of interest to others searching for info on New Haven.

http://anthonyriccio.com/
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Bonshan why are you overlooking the lead of the three persons surnamed Pavesi who may very well be related to your Pavesi family line. Just because they do not live in the city where you think they should be does not mean they are not relatives...People and families move from one town to another nearby town. I do not understand your mindset?? =Peter=
~Peter~
Bonshan

Post by Bonshan »

Thanks, Peter...Not overlooking them, but I know that Erminia Pavesi came to US in 1910 a widow at age 42. I don't believe she had any other family here at that time except the Occhiboi (New Haven) family indicated in the manifest. I have also been searching for Pavesi records in NY as that is where her son Dominick (Costantini but by then using Costando)was in 1917. I will follow up on the Pavesi's you mentioned.

Incidentally, this is not my family, so my effort is a little limited: I am a Ferrari (other family names Setti, Bertolini) I have cousins in Parma.