I need help making contact with possible relatives in Italy.

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

I need help making contact with possible relatives in Italy.

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Over the years that I have been working on my Family Genealogy I have been able to find and confirm my ancestoral town , trace my family back to the 1800s so far , setup a Di Nobile Genealogy Group on Facebook and help other Di Nobile with their Genealogy and find possible relatives in their ancestoral towns....However , I have not been able to find any contact information for Di Nobile living in my ancestoral town Ripalimosani in Molise....Ideally I could find E-Mail Addresses , so that I can take advantage of translation devices and form letters tha I could than cut & paste into an E-mail and send it....I never thought that making contact with possible relatives in Italy would become the most difficult aspect of my research :roll: This is the last piece in my Genealogy puzzle....I would Greatly Appreciate any help that could be provided to help me solve this problem....Thank You !....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: I need help making contact with possible relatives in It

Post by suanj »

it are only 2 persons in Ripalimosani with Di Nobile surname
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... osani&ind=

I believe that using a form letter for potential relatives you will have good success, best regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Thank You Suanj !....I was hoping to use Mailory but for some reason it's changed and does not work....If there is no other way to locate E-Mail addresses in Italy I will have to try mailing my Form Letter....I am trying to find a Di Nobile in Italy who is from Ripalimosani or one from another town who has relatives in Ripalimosani with the hope of exchanging information & old family photos....
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

TonyDiNobile wrote:Thank You Suanj !....I was hoping to use Mailory but for some reason it's changed and does not work....If there is no other way to locate E-Mail addresses in Italy I will have to try mailing my Form Letter....I am trying to find a Di Nobile in Italy who is from Ripalimosani or one from another town who has relatives in Ripalimosani with the hope of exchanging information & old family photos....
Well, I don't think you could have it too much easier - it seems the current mayor ("sindaco") of Ripalimosani is Guiseppe Di Nobile. See this page.

You can try emailing, but I think in light of his position as mayor, you owe the courtesy of a written letter.

[edit]

Also, and especially in light of the fact that he is the mayor and presumably well educated, I would *not* use an online translator nor would I make my letter too simple. I would suggest writing a letter of at least two pages, telling a little about yourself (My name is Tony, age xx, and I live with my wife and x children in city, state), about your anecstors (My grandparents, lastname-firstname-birthdate and maidenname-firstname-birthdate, came to the US from Ripalimosani in 19xx and settled in city, state where they raised xx children and yy grandchildren) and so on. Include a few photos of your ancestors if you have them and one of yourself and your family. Express your hope that he may be related and/or that he may take a few moments out of his busy schedule to assist you in locating other relatives.

Spend $30 or so to get the letter professionally translated then be sure to include the English version as well when you mail it off. You are writing to the mayor, so be sure to show proper respect and be certain to address the letter formally (a good translator will know how to do this).