AUGUSTINE, AQUISTUCCI, AQUISTICI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LOTOA

AUGUSTINE, AQUISTUCCI, AQUISTICI

Post by LOTOA »

RESEARCHING THE AUGUSTINE'S AND NEED HELP
MANY DIFFERENT SPELLINGS EXHISTED PRIOR TO 1942. SETTLED IN USA NAZARENO AQUISTUCCI IS OUR GRANDFATHER AND LAST TRAVELED TO THE USA 1922...HUGE FAMILY..ANYONE WITH INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Your grandfather Nazzareno Acquistucci enetered the USA at NYC on the SS San Giovanni on April 10, 1911 at age 24. He listed his occupation as shoemaker aged 24 and destined to his mother in Mt. Carmel Pennsylvania Rosa Di Pietro. His town of origin in Italy is Capodacqua, Italy. There are two capodacqua towns in Italy. One is in the province of Perugia and the other is in the province of Ascoli Pieno. Please advise which town if you know it by name or province. I will look it up in the meantime and let you know if there are other people with yur same last name in one of the two towns. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I mader some progress but in the end I will need your help. The town of Capdacqua is currently not a town but a "frazione" or suburb of a city. In the case of Provincia di Perugia there are two cities having the same suburb for a name ..Capodacqua and there are currently no persons residing there now who are surnamed ACQUISTUCCI. In the province of Ascoli Piceno there is a town that has the same suburb name of Capodacqua. The name of this town is ARQUATA DEL TRONTO (zip code 63043) in and there is a person, just one who is surnamed Aquistucci which I believe mayh be the actual town of origin of your grandfather. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Acquistucci in the first line and Arquata Del Tronto in the third line and click CERCA./ The persons name will show up and trhe address and the telephone number. You may wisdh to write that person, preferably in Italian and ask him if he knows your family. If you wish documents then you can write for them and if you wish to conduct an extensive research of the family you can try the Family History Library of the Mormon church nearest your home where all the civil records for Arquata Del Tronto are on microfilm and yhou can look them over all the way back to 1805. Peter