Looking for Scillia, Lisa, Sansone Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DonNino20

Looking for Scillia, Lisa, Sansone Families

Post by DonNino20 »

If anybody has info on these family names please reply to this post!! THANKS!!!

Anthony
girty
Veteran
Veteran

sansone families

Post by girty »

where are you looking for sansones? i grew up with some in new jersey. I know the dads name was david.
DonNino20

Sansones from Jersey

Post by DonNino20 »

Flaviano Sansone & Filomeno Sansone were brothers. My great grandfather was Anthony Sansone. All from Hackensack.

Anthony
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you wish to conduct any research on your own then work backward from ellis island records to Italy and locate relatives and documents. If you just want to be a passive recipient of information from others then please advise so that I can direct you accordingly. There are many websites, addrsses and a book or two to facilitate your efforts. Peter
DonNino20

Not Passive

Post by DonNino20 »

I want to know who my ancestors are!! It must be something with the Italians but we need a connection to our past, to our people!! Our history isn't 227 years old like the US. It is ancient. I need to know who they were!! I want to (re)connect to my past!! I would appreciate your help!! Thank you!!

Anthony
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

all records in Italy are in the town of origin in Italy and nowehere else except for some records in the provincial archives. You need to know full nnames.year of birth and place of birth in order to retireve copis of those documents. If you know the town you can look for relatives by going to www.paginebianche.it and inserting the surname of your choice int he first line and the town inte third line and then click CERCA. You can obtain records directly from microfilm from the Family History Library of the Mormoin chburch nearest your home provided you know the town of origin and trace all members of your family the the town civil records which are on micorfilm. Some town records go back to 1809 while others go back to 1872. ASll other records are in the church. If you go to the local bookstore like Barnes & Noble you can purchase a book titled Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole and you can also obtain a book My Italian family by Lynn Nelson when and if you use the microfilms at the Family History Library. As I stated previously go to the www.ellisisland.org website and start looking for your ancestors. Please feel free to get back to me Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

P.S. By the way do you know the town(s) of origin in Italy for your family? Peter
regina
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Sansones from Jersey

Post by regina »

DonNino20 wrote:Flaviano Sansone & Filomeno Sansone were brothers.
If you are trying to discover from where in Italy your Sansone came, write or call the Bergen County Clerk's Office for a copy of Filomeno's naturalization papers. Filomeno went abroad in 1923 and, on the passenger manifest for his trip home, it states that he was "naturalized Feb. 8th 1916 Bergen Co Court New Jersey."

Information on obtaining copies of his papers can be found here:
http://www.co.bergen.nj.us/countyclerk/ ... /immig.htm

Good luck,
Regina
DonNino20

Post by DonNino20 »

I really appreciate all of your help. It means a lot!! I at least have a direction now. THANKS!!

Anthony
DonNino20

Post by DonNino20 »

Sansones were from Guardia Sanframondi, Benevento, Italy
Scillias were from Sicily
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Sicily is an island consisting of several provinces with hundreds of cities,towns and villages. Each town, as I said, have their own reords. You need to know the town and you find it as I outlined it to you. As for Guardia Sanframondi, Postal code 82034, Province of benevento go toi www.paginebianche.it and insert the family name and the town name in the first and thrid box and click CERCA for any relatives. Peter
DonNino20

PROGRESS

Post by DonNino20 »

Made a lot of progress that to ya'll. I really appreciate. I think I am just scratching the service. Thanks again!!

Anthony
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

We are here ! Peter
scelzi

Sansones

Post by scelzi »

Anthony; My Grandmother's maiden name was Mary Sansone. She emigrated to the USA about 1882. Settle in New York - The Bronx. She was from the Campania Region. However, she would talk about the "Volcano" and how it ruined her town. Do not know what her town was.

You might note in your search that there are some "Sansone's" who had their name changed when they entered USA by Immigration. Don't know if it was lack of understanding, but the newly arrived immigrants did not argue and many spelling of last names were changed. My Grandmother's was changed by them to Sanzone, however, she always said they were wrong.

Also, there were Sansones that settled in Hicksville, LI, New York. Their records can probably be found in Nassau County, Township of Oyster Bay Files. You can also go to www.switchboard.com and put in that name. You will be able to get a whole list of that name. Best wishes in your quest. Linda
KimberJ

Re: Looking for Scillia, Lisa, Sansone Families

Post by KimberJ »

My 2nd Great Grandfather was Barbato Sansone from Guardia Sanframondi. He married Antonia Beneventi.
I'm not sure what year they came to the states, I do know they lived in Bridgeport CT. Prior to that they may have lived in New Jersey after arriving. Of their 7 children, 4 were born in Guardia, the rest in the states.
My Great Grandmother Lucia Sansone lived in Jersey City, NJ for a short time with her husband, John Martino.

I do not know of any siblings for Barbato Sansone or Antonia Beneventi, but if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated!

~Kim