Salicco Family from Rocco San Giovanni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kinrich30

Salicco Family from Rocco San Giovanni

Post by kinrich30 »

I am from the Salicco family that was in the Rocco San Giovanni area from at least the 1730's - through the Early 1900's. The family also included the Moretti, Caravaggio, Di Carlo, Della Fazia and Giardino families all from the neighboring area, plus the Camarra family from Popoli area.

Most of the Salicco's settled in Peekskill, NY. I am looking to connect with any that are out there either in the USA or Italy. When the last of the Salicco men came over to America, they left behind several sisters (around 1915), I don't know what their married names would have been and have no information on them other then their first names.

Thanks,
Rich
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Salicco Family from Rocco San Giovanni

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it for ROCCA SAN GIOVANNI and after inserting the name click on it and the webpage for the town will come up and give you municipal addresses and features.

Since you are searching perhaps ideas that will assist you can be obtained from following website http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html and if you need form letters in Italian language to communicate with people or request documents please let me know. =Peter=
~Peter~
kinrich30

Post by kinrich30 »

Thank you very much, I will check those out!
Dean

Post by Dean »

Rich:

I am also researching part of my Ancestry from Rocca San Giovanni, the Giadino's.
Unfortunately I would be unable to help with your Salicco family research but I would be grateful if you could share whatever information you may have on the Giardino's

Mauro Giardino married to Giovanni (Aimola) and children Carmine, Nicola and Annina immigrated through Ellis Island NY to Peterborough Ontarion Canada between 1903 and 1906

If you can help that would be great, maybe we could share an email or two to determine if our families actually cross paths.
Thanks
Dean.
kinrich30

Post by kinrich30 »

Hi Dean,

I hope this message does get through to you as I am really not sure how to work this message board too good! My personal e-mail is kinrich30@yahoo.com, which would be a better place to reach me at.

For the Giardino families, I will give you all of the information I have (but it's not too much to work with), hopefully we can find a connection!

My great-great grandmother was Giovina Giardino and she born on Nov. 10, 1866 in Rocca san Giovanni to Nicola Giardino and Concetta Veri. I don't know anything about them. When my relatives researched the family tree they were only interested in the women that married in and did not track their families. Giovina married Eusebio Salicco in Aug. of 1890 and they came to America around 1913.

There is a little more info I have if it will help? Concetta Veri had a Sister named Maria Christina Veri who married Pasquale Bianco and they had at least one daughter together named Dorinda who was born about 1860.

We know this as Eusebio Salicco married Dorinda first, but she died a year after they were married in 1886 and then in 1890 he married Dorinda's 1st cousin, who was Giovina!

Hope this info helps!
Rich