Surname-ROSSOMAGNO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
myross

Surname-ROSSOMAGNO

Post by myross »

I am researching the ROSSOMAGNO surname. Franciscus Rossomagno emigrated to the USA abt.1881 and was married in New York City to Christina CAMAROTA. I think he or they might have come from Valle dell Angelo. Any information on this family name would be appreciated. Thank you.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are just 2 Rossomagno in Italy in the town of Camerota, Provincia Salerno. In NYC Umberto Attilio was born on 11/28/1891 to Fragesio Rossomagno and Maria Anna Rossomagna while Vincetn Rossomagno was born in NYC in 1906 and Anna Rossomagno born 1908 both are currently deceased. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname-ROSSOMAGNO

Post by suanj »

myross wrote:I am researching the ROSSOMAGNO surname. Franciscus Rossomagno emigrated to the USA abt.1881 and was married in New York City to Christina CAMAROTA. I think he or they might have come from Valle dell Angelo. Any information on this family name would be appreciated. Thank you.
HI:
Russomagno or Rossomagno surname is present sure in Valle dell'Angelo(Salerno province), Flanni town(but not exist..is misspelled) , Roscigno(Salerno province), Camerota(Salerno province),Capaccio(Salerno province) around year 1860..
This are persons Rossomagno(data : from Fondazione Agnelli-Italy)

Cognome-last name
ROSSOMAGNO

Nome-first name
FILIPPO

Età-age

Sesso-gender
M

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione-school
U=unknown

Luogo di origine-place of origin
U=unknown

Destinazione-destination
USA

Visto=passport
Emigrante

Classe=class
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco-port of departure
MARSEILLES

Nave-ship
ALESIA

Data d'arrivo-date of arrival
12/12/1888

MORE:

Cognome-ditto etc
ROSSOMAGNO

Nome
VIRGINIA

Professione
LABORER

Istruzione
U

Luogo di origine
U

Destinazione
USA

Visto
Emigrante

Classe
Ponte

Porto d'imbarco
MARSEILLES

Nave
ALESIA

Data d'arrivo
12/12/1888

MORE very important:
Vincenzo Russomagno or Rossomagno( from ellis island but misspelled Vincenso Russomagno) -born in 1876 in Valle Dell'Angelo, arrived in USA-NY the 11 November 1907-on Alesia ship-wife in Italy: Grazia Troisi or Troizi.. it went from the uncle Francesco Russomagno in New York, address Thompson street ..(not been read) ..

Moreover: (from ellis island but misspelled )
Giovanni Rossoniagno
but really from passenger list is Giovanni Rossomagno :arrival 9 August 1906, age 53, place of origin Roscigno(Salerno province), final destination :brother in law Desiderio Raffaele OHIO

perhaps these data can help you...

Moreover list passenger born in Campania region, for Years departure is here :
http://web.rdn.it/nofla/AEC-92-00.htm also in english. Is very important for search ancestors Campania region, and for search descendants leaving a message on guestbook...
The origin of surname probably comes from Rossomanno village to feet of mount Rossomanno, situated in province of Enna-Sicily region. Therefore Rossomagno(or also Russomanno and Russomagno) was initially Rossomanno and meant "inhabitant of Rossomanno" .
excuse my english..regards, suanj
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Myross, did you know that the village you see in the banner at the top of the screen is Valle dell'Angelo.
The church you see is the church of San Barbato, also in Valle dell'Angelo. :wink:
KRISTIMOLLI

Re: Surname-ROSSOMAGNO

Post by KRISTIMOLLI »

I am very interested in any information on "Giovanni Rossoniagno but really from passenger list is Giovanni Rossomagno :arrival 9 August 1906, age 53, place of origin Roscigno(Salerno province), final destination :brother in law Desiderio Raffaele OHIO"
I have been hunting for this ancester for a while. He brought Cristina Rossomago to the US 12/6/1900 on the SS Columbia. Shows that he had been in the US prior to that date 1888-1892. I cannot locate them before or after that. They were from the town Giungano. The Molli,Desiderio families all ended up in Ohio. There was a brother in law Ann.....(cannot make out whole name)Baslotta in NY when they came through Ellis Island. Any help with these lines are greatly appreciated
kmolli@msn.com
Kristi