Searching for Pellegrino/Gaglia/Spoto/Interrante

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cocapelle

Searching for Pellegrino/Gaglia/Spoto/Interrante

Post by cocapelle »

I am researching my family, and would like to know if anybody knows of these people. Francesco Pellegrino, born 1884 in Strongoli Italy. Parents were Domenico and Rose (?). Mary/Maria Gaglia, born 1894 in Cantalupo Del Sannio Italy. Parents were Antonio and Stella Martelli. Alfonso Spoto, born 1863 in San Biagio Platani Sicily. Parents were Francesco Spoto and Rose Alfano. Accursia (Mary) Interrante born 1889 in Sciacca Sicily. Parents were Francesco and Paola Catanzaro.
Surnames:Pellegrino from Strongoli: Gaglia from Cantalupo Del Sannio: Spoto from San Biagio Platani: Interrante from Sciacca
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

When you say "knows of these people", do you mean people wioth the same surnames in those towns of origin in Italy ? If so, then go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname in the first line and the town they came from in the third line and click CERCA and a listing will come up if there are any people in those towns with the same surname. if there is something else you want please try to bemore spcific. It makes it easy to direct you to the approrpiatye website. For instance, have you gone to the www.ellisisland.org website to look them up?? peter NYC
cocapelle

Post by cocapelle »

Peter
I went to the website, and didn't get any results. I have searched the Ellis Island, and found one of them, but, that's all. I am looking for someone who is related to my family. If I could make a connection to someone, then, we could compare notes, and get somewhere.
Surnames:Pellegrino from Strongoli: Gaglia from Cantalupo Del Sannio: Spoto from San Biagio Platani: Interrante from Sciacca
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

WThere are 7 GAGLIA in Cantalupo Nel Sannio and are probably relatives;6 Spoto in San Biagio Platani and 84 interrante in Sciacca. There are no Pellegrino in Strongoli. Again the 6 in Spoto are most probably related to you and among the 84 in Sciacca perhaps a first name will grab your eye. In each case prepare one letter for each town and send each a letter with a self addressed enevlope and a dollar inside for stamps. Write in Italian or very simple english since english is the second language in Italy. peter