Looking for my roots - BORSELLI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maribor

Looking for my roots - BORSELLI

Post by maribor »

Hello,
I'm new at this site. It's a long time I'm searching for my roots. I live in Argentina. Unfortunately :cry: I don't have much information about my ancestors. The only thing I know is that my great grandfather Giuseppe BORSELLI was born in Albugnano, province of Asti (former Alessandria), Piemonte region, Italy, in 1852. He married Maria Doglioli from Cantalupo Ligure. Both came in Argentina, but I don't know when they arrived here neither the ship they travelled in. Both of them died here, in Argentina. I'd like to know if there are any relatives in Italy.
Looking forward for your help,
my best regards.
Maribor
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking for my roots - BORSELLI

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Maribor (your english is perfect y mejor que mi castellano).
First the nearest Mormon Family History Library has microfilm of the civil records for Albugnano,(Asti) coveing all births.marriages and deaths from 1866 to 1910 which you can rent out from your nearest family History Library (www.familysearch.org for location). There is a companion book Discovering Your Italian Anmxcestors by Lynn Nelson which is a companion book for the microfilms.

You can also write directly to the town with form letters in Italian and free of charge to request birth,marriage or death records (estratto di nascita, matrimonio or decesso=long form for more info). Go to www.nonsolocap.it and type in Albugnano and then click onthe name when it comes up for website of the adminstrative portion of the town,s scroll down to municipio for address of Uffico Di Stato Civile for documents http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html Further on the right there may be a www for the tourist/history portion of the town. If you wish to trace their entry into Argentina thenyou can go to www.cemla.com for their entry records. I will check the entry records from Italy to Buenos Aires and send you a postscript. =

Try the telephone directory for Albugnano at www.paginebianche.it putting in Borselli in the first line and Albugnano in the second line and click CERCA for asny borselli in the town (if any they are relatives and there are form letters even for them!!). =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Postscript: There are 18 Borselli listed in the propvince of Asti but none are found in Albugnano I am sorry to say. Go thru the listings and since first names remain in families your instincts might pick up a cousin or two. www.paginebianche.it and put in Borselli in first line and Asti in second line for entire province. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I found Maria Doglioli entering Buenos Aires at age 31 (birth year 1866) on the SS Italia on September 09, 1897. I have not been able to come up with Giuseppe Borselli cine there are 15 who are on the list and I have to deterrmine if he came in one the same ship or entered earlier solebased upon his birth since the records do not disclose their town of origin or who their spouses are and if they entered Argentina together or apart. I will get back to you on that. =Peter=
~Peter~
maribor

Post by maribor »

Dear Peter,
You're very kind about my English, although it isn´t perfect, I´m only trying to do my best (do you speak Spanish, too? and Italian?).

Thanks very much for your help.
I have mistaken my g grandfather's year of birth, it was 1854 - June 14th.
About her wife, my g grandmother, Maria Doglioli, she was born in 1872, so she can´t be the one you've found as arriving in Bs. As.
I have already been visiting the list of passengers in Fondazione Agnelli but unfortunately none of them appeared in it. Perhaps it is because they settled in Santa Fe, so it's probably they entered through the port of Rosario, where there isn't an official registration of immigrants.
Really, I guess how to continue.
Un abrazo,
Maribor
La próxima vez respóndeme en castellano, de modo que pueda evaluar tu fluidez (jeje).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Estimada Maribor es la primera vez que encontre alguien buscando los raices de su familia afuera de la CEMLA en Buenos Aires. No sabia que llegaron imigrantes a Rosario. Pensaba que todos imigrantes pasaron por Buenos Aires y que la CEMLA es donde estan arquivados los imigrantes que llegaron a Argentina.

Siento mucho que no pude ayudarle buscar su familia. Mi hace saber si necesita algo de los EEUU o quizas Italia en el futuro. Mucho gusto en concerle. =Peter=
~Peter~
maribor

Post by maribor »

Estimado Peter:
Agradezco infinitamente toda su información. También para mí ha sido un placer poder conocerlo.
Respecto a su español, debo felicitarlo, es muy bueno. Continúe así.
Un gran saludo desde Argentina,
Maribor
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Que congruencia(?) de Jung que escribi en menos de 5 minutos atras buscando su contestacion en otra busqueda aqui en este foro y aqui esta!!!=Peter=
~Peter~