Civil Status of Family?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lilbees
Master
Master

Civil Status of Family?

Post by lilbees »

I am wanting to obtain civil status on my family for the years 1790-1800. I do know that the comune and the civil Archives do not hold that information for those years. The civil status for family in the comune begins 1929 and the Archives nothing before 1806.

Can my inquiry be sent to the local Church or to the Church Archives? I have had no success writing to the local Church at this point for that particular information. The local Church has been extremely helpful in the past but I don't believe they have the information for those years. My only hope at this point is to write to the Church Archives.

If so, who, where would I address my inquiry/request?

The comune is Roccapiemonte, Salerno, Campania.

Thank you for any information.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Civil Status of Family?

Post by Italysearcher »

The local church has the records and if they can't help the archives at the Dicocese won't be able to either. If there is no 'stato delle anime' for that time period it would be a page by page search for what you are asking.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.