Cosenza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mguaras

Cosenza

Post by mguaras »

Wondering how I could get a copy of my father's birth Certificate born

Luigi Direcio Cosenza 1912
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Cosenza

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters to make request in italian language from town of origin in Italy where all Birth.marriage and death records are kept..be it a city, a town or even a village.

I assume that Cosenza is the town of origin BUT most people who immigrate to the states furnish the provincial capital as the place they came from since most people would get an idea of where in Italy the immigrated. But their hometown is not known so thay never mention it to anyone. I suspect this is one of those cases.

If you do not know the city, town or village of origin then go to wwwellisisland.org and look up his arrival in the USA and at the same time verify how you spell his lastname. =Petertimber=
~Peter~
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Have you searched the archives at the following link:

Cosenza

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

wldspirit wrote:Have you searched the archives at the following link:

Cosenza

wldspirit
I thought of that as well; unfortunately that archive only has birth (any?) records for the years 1800 through 1900 and the original poster indicates his ancestor was born in 1912.

Interestingly, there are *no* persons with surname Direcio (nor Di Recio, Di Reccio, De Ricio, D'Ricio, etc) listed in that archive. Also, none on this surname mapping tool , and none at all in the online Italian telephone directory for the entire country. Note to the original poster: This is usually a good indication that the spelling of your family name has become corrupted over time.
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Aack!!

I see that "Cosenza" is a common Italian surname, present throughout the entire country!

Back to the original poster: if your father's surname is actually Cosenza, you do not stand a chance of obtaining his birth certificate unless you are able to determine his actual place of birth.

Is your father still living?

If he emigrated to another country (US?) did he naturalize? If so, his naturalization documents will list his place of birth.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Estimado M. Guaras pienso que ud esta viva en Sur America y quiero ayudalre en su busqueda de un certificado de nacimiento pero no entendemos si COSENZA es un apellido o un lugar donde nacio su pariente??? favor de comunicar en castellano si quieres. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Is this the Luigi Dirceio you are looking for?

Ellis Island

According to the manifest he was born in 1912 in Mendicino, which belongs to the province of Cosenza.

BTW Dirceio does not seem to a known surname...
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Si es el Luigi guarascio, vino con su madre y dos hermanos destinado a Senor Rocco Guarascio en Racine en el estado de Wisconsin.

Livio this seems to be who he is looking for but the last name of the inquirer is incorrect and should be Guarascio. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Why do you write in Spanish here?