Looking for info on Grandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SamCec

Re: Looking for info on Grandparents

Post by SamCec »

Biff:

I have to go out for a couple hours. Yes they did stay in Philly. They had 10 children. I will suplly all names when I return but for now, my dad is one of the children. Remember, in my first post I said the spelling of the last name was changed once here in the States. The old spelling was Cecala, the new spelling and my father's name and date of birth is: Samuel Ceccola September 2, 1916. They lived at 520 Carpenter St. In Philadelphia, PA
Thank You,
Sam
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Newspaper Title: Reporter, The
Newspaper Location: Lansdale, PA, Us
Obituary Publication Date: 20 Feb 2007

Marie (Ceccola) Perrone‚ a retired accountant‚ passed away in the Life Care Hospital in West Chester Thursday‚ Feb. 15‚ 2007. Mrs. Perrone was 87years of age.

Born Oct. 10‚ 1919 in Philadelphia‚ she was a daughter to the late Philip and Nicasia (Gariffo) Ceccola. Mrs. Perrone was also preceded in death by her husband of 56 years‚ William Perrone‚ who died in November of 2000. Marie Perrone was one of 10 siblings and is survived by her sister‚ Concetta Renzi of Schwenksville and her brother‚ Samuel Ceccola of Warrington. She was the mother of Marian J. Genuardi and her husband‚ Joseph Genuardi‚ of Norristown‚ Attorney William J. Perrone and his wife‚ Christine Perrone‚ of Malvern‚ and Leonard T. Perrone and his wife‚ Bonnie Perrone‚ of Blue Bell. Also surviving are her seven grandchildren‚ Dr. Jennifer Genuardi and grandson-in-law Dr. Gregory Wilde‚ Joseph Genuardi and William‚ Jessica‚ Hilary‚ Andrea and Jeffrey Perrone.

Relatives and friends are invited to attend Mrs. Perrone’s life celebration service at the Boyd-Horrox Funeral Home of East Norriton‚ 200 West Germantown Pike in Norristown Thursday evening‚ Feb. 22‚ from 6 to 9 PM and again at the funeral home Friday morning‚ Feb. 23‚ from 8 to 8:45 AM‚ followed by her funeral mass being celebrated at 9:30 AM Friday in Holy Saviour Church‚ 407 East Main Street‚ Norristown. Burial will be in St. Patrick Cemetery in East Norriton.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Biff ............ from Footnote

Filippo Cecala Petition for Naturalization

Filippo Cicala Oath of Allegiance and Declaration of Intent

Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Thanks, Elizabeth!

I'm sure Sam will be most grateful.

Biff
SamCec

Post by SamCec »

Biff:

Sorry, I had to go out (shovel-snow blower- the drive way). We got about 10 inches of snow.

The family lived at 520 Carpenter St. In Philadelphia. They did not move from the city. In my first post, you may remember I said the spelling of the last name was changed for some reason. Here is my father's name, the correct spelling and his date of birth. Samuel Ceccola September 2,1916. He has nine other brothers and sisters. If their names and birthdays would help, please let me know.
Thank You,
Sam
SamCec

Post by SamCec »

Folks:
I feel as if you have gone out of your way to help me. I want everyone to know that I appreciate it very much.

One more question and I promise to leave you alone. What is the best way for me to find out information about the family over in Coccamo. I would like to find out about my grand-mother, my grand-mother and grand-father parents, what they did for a living, etc.?

Thanks again for all your help,
Sam
Thank You,
Sam
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Here's the family's
1920 census
Name: Philip Chaklow--Cecala
Home in 1920: Philadelphia Ward 2, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Address: 515 Carpenter--same as on Naturalzation Docs
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1875
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth??
Household Members: Name Age
Philip Chaklow 45
Elizabeth Chaklow 37
Philip Chaklow 15
Josephine Chaklow 13
Concetta Chaklow 11
Suzy (Celia) Chaklow 8
Nicholas Chaklow 7
Sam Chaklow 4
Mary Chaklow 3/12

Biff
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

You're very welcome Biff and I sent you a pm.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Sam,

Don't worry about asking questions, we are here to help. The Family History Center has the civil records for Caccamo until 1910.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

Also this link will give you some info about the town.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/082/014/index.html
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you wish to know more about your town of origin you might want to strat by knowing the town, where it is located and what addresses to write to for birth recorfds, marriage records, death records or even entire family records of husband,wwife and children inone document called Certificato di Stato di Famiglia Storico. The service is completely free!
So first go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in caccamo on top and click CERCA and when the page comes up click right on the Caccamo name and a web page will come up with map and names of the Mayors and the address to write to for documents whichyou will find under MUNICIPIO and to the right is a www for the tourist part of Caccamo writtenin Italian but hopefully with some english and pictures.

You will need form letters in Italian to request any of the above documents sogo to this website for the italian form letters.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Ifyouneed any additional information get back to us here. =Peter=
~Peter~
CynthiaS

Post by CynthiaS »

I am also looking for my grandpa. I find it interesting that there is a forum of someone else looking for links to the same man. I traced my dad’s second cousin up to Filipino Philip Cecala. My great-great grandpa. My father never knew his dad or even saw him and took the last name of his step dad. He found cousins from a DNA test.