Once upon a time in Castelfranco Treviso...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
chelli11

Once upon a time in Castelfranco Treviso...

Post by chelli11 »

My great-great grandfather's name is Arnaldo E. Morianti. He was born December 3rd, 1882 in Castelfranco Treviso, Veneto, Italy.
I was also told that he may have grown up in an orphanage there, and that's where he was given the surname of Morianti and that he may have a brother who immigrated to South America.
He married Maddalena DeGrandis daughter of Valentino DeGrandis and either Dorris Vengela or Ambrosi Santa (both are listed as her mother on separate documents). Her sister Giuseppina also came to Canada and married a man named Edward Barduca or Barducci.
They had four sons in Castelfranco Treviso, Augusto Louis (October 4th, 1911), Guerrino Andrea (1916), Elio (September 28th, 1919), and Bruno Giacomo Jacob (April 6th, 1921).
Arnaldo came to Canada for the first time March 13th, 1912 (S.S. Ancona). It appears he went back and forth a few times before finally Maddalena and their sons came with him and they stayed (June 14th, 1923 aboard the S.S. Conte Rosso)

Where can I find more information on these people? I'd love to find birth records for the sons, some sort of orphanage record for Arnaldo (finding his birth parentage would be exciting too!) Arnaldo and Maddalena's marriage record, Maddalena's family...

Or is anyone else out there related to Arnaldo and Maddalena?
Any information at all is very much appreciated :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Once upon a time in Castelfranco Treviso...

Post by PeterTimber »

If you elect to conduct your own Italian Genealogy research then you might want to avail yourself of the very helpful and concise website at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html

=Peter=
~Peter~