Info on the name Sarro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Info on the name Sarro

Post by PeterTimber »

Did you send the e-mails in Italian language? and what are you seeking?=Peter=
~Peter~
Paolucco

Post by Paolucco »

PeterTimber wrote:Did you send the e-mails in Italian language? and what are you seeking?=Peter=
The register page is in english.I am actually trying to see if they have certificates of birth or marriage. I have the death certificate of Alfredo Sarro but I can't make out his mothers maiden name.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

Giuseppe Sarro,
born on 20/03/1861 to CERZETO
son/daughter of Domenico Sarro and of Maddalena Stamile

and
Giuseppe Sarro,
born on 23/12/1861 to CERZETO
son/daughter of Federico Sarro and of Angela Pollara

Francesco Sarro, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 29/07/1861 to CERZETO
son/daughter of Cesare Sarro and of Domenica Melicchio

couldn't find any alfredo, does he have a second name?
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

They have records in Cerzeto from 1809 to 1910 for all BMD's. Whynot just send them a a quick form letter and ask them for Estratto copia Integrale of the birth records and marriage certificates to their Uffico di Stato Civile offices? Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and send to Uffcio di Stato Civile (www.nonsolocap.it insert Cerzeto, click cerca and then click on Cerzeto itself and webpage comes up with Municipio address to send). =Peter=
~Peter~
Paolucco

Post by Paolucco »

Thanks guys I appreciate it .
Chris- no I don't think he had a second name , I don't think any of those match either ,unfortunatly. Thanks again though. I may try writing to them though thrugh that website Peter sent.
Sarro, Maresca, Garaffa, Fregone, Montagna, Rizzo, Palomba,Paloma, Ruocco, Capezzato, De Vitale, Cardinale.
Paolucco

Post by Paolucco »

Do they have a similar webiste for looking up records for Naples, I'm trying to locate some family from Piano Di Sorrento?
Sarro, Maresca, Garaffa, Fregone, Montagna, Rizzo, Palomba,Paloma, Ruocco, Capezzato, De Vitale, Cardinale.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

not that I know of, sorry
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you have fullnames and dates of birth, year of birth or approximate year of birth and work backwards you may write to the Ufficio Di Stato Civile in Piano del Sorrento and make requests for birth,marriage and death records. If you have persons in your research who are heads of families you can always request Certificato di Stato di Famiglia storico(Famy composition certificates) which have their entire family, wife, children listed for that particular family. The form letters in Italian I described to you above can be used with this inquiry as well.

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and insert Piano Del Sorretno, click cerca and then click on the town name when it comes up and scroll down to MUNICIPIO for the address to send to the Ufficio di Stato Civile and if you goto the right there is a www.for tourist portion of the town. =Peter=
~Peter~
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

Paolucco wrote:
ChrisMosca wrote:There is the only archives for the province of Cosenza that has records from 1800-1900 not all the records have been put up yet sometimes is better to just put the last name with no town and see what all comes back. you do have to register but its free, and you can change the language to english.

http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/consulta_ ... anag.faces
Hi I was wondering if anyone has access to this website, I tried to register twice and it never sends me the activation code.I wanted to search the name Sarro .If you can help ,just let me know via PM or here.
Thanks
I had a problem in the beginning too. I had to finally request with my gmail email account. For some reason my primary email never worked.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

weird I never had a problem, i registered about a month ago.
Paolucco

Post by Paolucco »

I finally got on the site today by opening up a gmail account, for some reason it wouldn't work with the aol email. I have a question though, once you click on the name it gives you a SIAS code, and then directs you to the Archivi site Sias. I can't figure out what to do once I get there. Does that site just give the same info?
Cathynap
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cathynap »

The SIAS site is where you can purchase a copy of the records on the site. I cannot understand enough of it to place an order, although they don't have anything I want to order anyway. I would ignore the SIAS site unless you want to know what other records the Archives has or want to order something. Stay within the Cosenza Archive and perform your searches there. Make sure you are in the English version and not the Italian version.
billy1990

Post by billy1990 »

hello my name is Billy my grandpa's name was Frank Sarroand his parents names were Maria Carlucci and his father's name was also Frank Sarromy great grandmother Maria I was born in Naples Italy and my Great grandpa I was born in Rome Italy they came to America in sometime in the early 1920 where they moved to Spokane Washington where they had my grandfather Frank Searlethey also had my grandfather siblings barber Sarro and jimmy sarro later on they migrated to north San Diego California where my grandpa grew up and have kids of his own He had 4 kids 3 girls 1 boy Christina sarro which is my mom Sharri sarro Fran sarro and Ronald sarro I hope everything I have said in this comment can help