Riso, Bancalari

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Georginar

Riso, Bancalari

Post by Georginar »

Ok then, with Carchedi last name I cant get the citizenship.
My last name is Riso, my dad doesnt remember where from italy they´re from. The only thing he knows is that they came here during the Colony... around 1800 something, so I guess that it should be really Difficult to get it from the Riso side.
From my mothers side, the Info I have is this:

My greatdad was Santiago Bancalari from Genova, he got married with Teresa Brignole in San Francisco de Asis church in Montevideo somewhere around 1856.
The problem is that we dont know where or when Teresa Brignole was born, and we have documents where they write Brignole in different ways. THAT wont let us continue with the citizenship, because we cant look for her birth certificate since the only info we have is that.
After they got married they moved to argentina, where my moms grandfather was born, if we found how to look for the date or place of birth of Teresa, the rest is easier because they where born here.

Any hint on how I can solve this rpoblem?¿ I have a lot of Italian ancestry but it seems that no mean to get the citizenship myself.

Thank you
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Riso, Bancalari

Post by pink67 »

Hi,

I believe I found their 1895 argentinian Census on this (free) site:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... tml#p=home

If the family is correct, it seems that Santiago was born in Genova but Teresa was born in Montevideo:

Laura
Laura
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Montevideo

Is this the correct spelling? I could not find it using the following link:

http://www.landfinder.it/townfinder.asp

Unless we're talking about Uruguay....... :P

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If it might help the e-mail address for Uruguay registro civil is rcivil@pb.imm.gub.uy. I do know that they transfer information by e-mail nationally but they might extend it to Argentina, I do not know.

The church is Parroquia San Francisco De Asis, 25 de Agosto 1164, Lascano Rocha. The telephonenumber listed is 0456-9197.=Peter=
~Peter~
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

:D Yes, we're talking about Uruguay....
Both Bancalari and Brignole are tipical ligurian lastnames... from the area where I live... It was very usually that people did emigrate to Argentina, Uruguay and Chile.....

Laura
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

....Most Northern Italians immigrated to South America in the early 1800's when Northern Italy was under French and Austrian rule and was having bad economic times while the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in the South were prosperous and doing well. At that time Argentina and urugay and Chile to some extent were undergoing a rapid economic expansion based upon agriculture and animal production industries, for grain, fiber and animal product manufacturing for export. This is why many inquiries that we get involve persons of Northern Italian background. With the destruction of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and unification with the North and the millions of southern Italians destitute and poverty struc k by the unific ation with the North were luc ky that precisley at that time the USA was coming out of the civil war and undergoing a rapid Industiral revolution and the USA desperately needed an army of laborers, for urban roads, subways and bridges along with dams, highways and construction, mining etc etc. This is why we are here and so very very very happy to have been born here!!!!!!!!=Peter=
~Peter~
Georginar

Post by Georginar »

you have no idea how you are helping my cause xD... i really am thank you!!!! Im at work right now, when I get home Ill get back to you :d
Georginar

Post by Georginar »

Is it true that if someone from Italy left to another country before 1866 I think it is, something about the kindom of the two sicilies that Peter mentione before, that person is not considered "italian" and so he cant pass the Italian citizenship?, if thats so, I cant get it this way eather -.-
We think they got married in Montevideo somewhere around that time. so he left Italy around 1825 or a little later.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I really am not capable of answering Italian citizenship questions. Sorry.=Peter=
~Peter~