Cavaletto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dmark

Cavaletto

Post by Dmark »

Hello, I am looking for info on Angelo Cavaletto. His son Agustin was from the Rivarolo area. Any ideas on where to look? We are probably looking around the 1840's. Thanks!
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cavaletto

Post by Maurizio »

HI, Dmark.

I live in the area and I can confirm you that Cavaletto is a surname typical of the town of Rivarolo, and particularly of one of its hamlet called Vesignano. Many people with that surname still lives there.

Since you're looking for the years around 1840, in case you would perform a documentary research, I guess your only option is taking a look to church records (civil records don't start than after 1860 in Rivarolo).
The parish church where the residents of Vesignano were baptised, married and buried is San Giacomo's parish in Rivarolo.
In case you don't have the chance to come in Italy and see the original acts, keep in mind that LDS microfilmed these records, and you can ask to see them in the LDS's Family Center closest to where you live.

Feel free to ask for any other info: I'll try and answer you as best as I can.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Maurizio
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Caro Maurizio non posso lasciare questa senza salutare mio amico figghia beniiid, Maurizio.... =Peter=
~Peter~
Dmark

Post by Dmark »

Maurizio wrote:HI, Dmark.

I live in the area and I can confirm you that Cavaletto is a surname typical of the town of Rivarolo, and particularly of one of its hamlet called Vesignano. Many people with that surname still lives there.

Since you're looking for the years around 1840, in case you would perform a documentary research, I guess your only option is taking a look to church records (civil records don't start than after 1860 in Rivarolo).
The parish church where the residents of Vesignano were baptised, married and buried is San Giacomo's parish in Rivarolo.
In case you don't have the chance to come in Italy and see the original acts, keep in mind that LDS microfilmed these records, and you can ask to see them in the LDS's Family Center closest to where you live.

Feel free to ask for any other info: I'll try and answer you as best as I can.
Hope this helps.

Ciao,
Maurizio
Maurizio
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Maurizio »

:?:

Dmark,
not sure if you want to post something...

:!:
Peter,
salute anche a te: spero tu stia bene.

Ciao,
Maurizio