Ferreri, Ciotti, DiOrio, and Crillo family trees?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DiOrio_Famiglia

Ferreri, Ciotti, DiOrio, and Crillo family trees?

Post by DiOrio_Famiglia »

Silvio Ferreri and Rosina Ciotti, both from Capestrano
Married in NYC 1913
Children: Josephine, John

John Ferreri is a WW2 vet (Army Air Force) and married Anne DiOrio (see children below) before he was deployed

----------------------

Silvio DiOrio (from Collepietro) and Carmella Crillo (from Calabria)
Married in Ohio 1918 (estimate)
Children: Anne, Mary, Rudy, Tony, Jimmy

Silvio is a WW1 vet and married Carmella right after the war.

-----------------------

That is the most my PopPop, John Ferreri, can remember.

I was able to find a remote cousin of mine - the DellaPosta's married into the Ferreri family at some point and, oddly enough, my cousin, Erica, and I were friends before we found out we were cousins through marriage.

Anyone have any places for me to look, so I can further my search? I am most interested in the DiOrio family and Ferreri family trees.

Also, does anyone have any info regarding any possible family still living in the L'Aquila region and how they were affected by the earthquake?
vj
Master
Master

Re: Ferreri, Ciotti, DiOrio, and Crillo family trees?

Post by vj »

DiOrio_Famiglia wrote: ... That is the most my PopPop, John Ferreri, can remember ...
Anyone have any places for me to look, so I can further my search? I am most interested in the DiOrio family and Ferreri family trees ...
Hello!
You have a great start on your family tree from your interview!
Here's a link to some free sites that may help.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 11409.html

Many folks start their search with the most recent census (1930) to collect names, dates, locations. This will also help narrow down the year of immigration and provide leads on where to find US vital records (birth, marriage, death)

Once you have collected and verified your US records you should be able to verify your town(s) of origin in Italy. This will allow you to research your family in Italy. Italian records are kept at the comune (town) level.

We can help you find census records which usually require a subscription, or you can check with your local library to see if they have the library edition of ancestry. com or HeritageQuest available.

Please let us know what else we can do to help.
Valarie