Bilotta Search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
croatiansunshine18

Re: Bilotta Search

Post by croatiansunshine18 »

Hello.
I am not part of the "Bilotta" family...but I do have a connection to someone.
Forgive me if I have the wrong family, but i've been searcing for quite some time, and I hope i have the right one this time.
My grandmother came to America around 1958, when she was just 16 years old. She came from the country of Croatia, when the communism was getting totally out of control. I'm not sure exactly where the boat she came to America on was originally docked at. Recently, her and myself were looking through some old files of hers, and we found her passport, some letters from my grandfather, and a picture...the picture was of one of her roommates who roomed with her on her journey to America. On the back it says:
"To: Renata (my grandmother)
From a friend,
Morija Bilotta."
I know as soon as many immigrants came to America, the spellings of their names were changed. Like i said, I've been searching for a while. The only things that my grandmother says she remembers about her was that she was maybe a couple years older than her, she was heading to Chicago after they landed in New York, they did communicate in either the language of Italian or Croatian (my grandmother is fluent in both), and this woman didn't land in the Ellis Island docks, but somewhere "around 49th street."
If you don't know who i'm talking about, don't worry about it! :)
But if you do, my grandmother was saying how close they became over that time together, and would love to reconnect with her.
Thank you so much for your time.
bellotte3

Re: Bilotta Search

Post by bellotte3 »

My father was a Joseph Bilotta and his parents were barried in Clarksburg WV, Holy Cross Cemetery.