name help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
girty
Veteran
Veteran

name help

Post by girty »

Can anyone tell me if agostole(a first name) is a form of August. My grandfather was named August and just found out his grandfather was Agostole...but name doesn't show up as a form of anything....
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi girty: Agostolo(or Augustolo exact) is a very, very ancient version of Augusto first name...you has sure Agostolo...?
:roll: suanj
(I try again for you girty..I do not forget...)
girty
Veteran
Veteran

name help

Post by girty »

Hi Suanj

the spelling i have is Agostole.... but spelling could be wrong.. i would think it was supposed to say Agostolo, very similar.yes. Your so much help...thanks
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi girty: send an email to Marsico Nuovo common for info your ancestor:

info@comunemarsiconuovo.it (info)

uffici@comunemarsiconuovo.it (offices)

sindaco@comunemarsiconuovo.it (Major)

segretario@comunemarsiconuovo.it (secretary)

and you demand if Augusto Catuosco etc... is born in Marsico Nuovo Common..I task yes... or send an fax info:

+ 39 0975 345111
+ 39 0975 344229

or you write an letter:

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune di Marsico Nuovo
PIAZZA MUNICIPIO
85052 MARSICO NUOVO (PZ)
ITALY

therefore you know the truth. Their searches begin from 5 years before birth year until to 5 years after birth year that you indicate (around 1885)...
task this is a good council for you..... :wink: :wink: :wink: suanj
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

HI Suanj,

Have sent to Marsico for info...no reply yet. I also have oreder films from Latter day saints library..waiting on that now. should come soon. I don't read Italian but have taken notes on words to look for. If film shows me nothing about Catuosco's then i give up on where they came from. As we say in America "keep your fingers crossed" and a Catuosco name will appear on films
thanks.........
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI Ellen, as they have not never answered? you have written the letter well? You have inserted all data that you have on your ancestors? you still make letter and sends with fax, or you directly write an email to the mayor, many times, why they try!!! I will try to try again in Archivio di Stato di Potenza...kisses, suanj