Help in finding G-Great Grandfather

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lefty

Help in finding G-Great Grandfather

Post by lefty »

I need help in finding g-great grandfather. g-great grandmother came to the U.S. twice. came over in 1892 by herself and then went back to italy and got daughter and came back to U.S. in 1894. both times there was no man with her in her travels. the ship passagers list both times had her name lariccia which is her maiden name. so what i am thinking is she had her daughter out of wedlock. so if this is the case will her daughters birth certificate have her fathers name on there. plus is there anyway of finding ships lists going from the U.S. back to Italy? my g-great grandmother was killed in the U.S supposedly by her husband and my great grandmother was adopted. we have finally broke the brick wall that we have been up agaisnt for so many years and found her mothers surmane but we would like to find our great grandmothers surname and who her father was. my thinking is that the man that killed her mom was her step-dad and not her real dad. we have looked for news paper articles on the murder but have found nothing. adoption records were of no help. census records no help being that we don't know the mans last name. so if anybody can help send me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it as i have been trying for many years to get the info i have gotten so far. our family would like to learn as much as we can learn as to where we come from. thank you ahead of time for your help :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy women never lose their identity. They ALWAYS retain their maiden name. The children take the fathers name and not the mothers name. So her last name is the same name as her father. Her children take on the fathers last name. So your great grandmothers father's identity is known to you as Lariccia (La Riccia?).

For the story you recounted there may be a reference in www.google.com putting in the last name and whatever word would closely monitor the story like murder, or death and the place the event occurred.

Also go to www.family sedarch.org under ancestror search and www.ancestry.com as well. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are no ships manifests or records for departures FROM the USA to ITALY but you can certainly find a record, documents and history if you know the town of origin in Italy which you can obtain from the ellis island entry record into the USA FROM Italy to the USA. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: not are possibility to read lists of passengers returns in Italy.
But for to help better, you insert in this topic , the exact name of the person who tries, and every useful detail listed clearly... regards, suanj