Surname Reghelini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mistressdao

Surname Reghelini

Post by mistressdao »

I am looking for information about Anthony Reghelini. He was probably born in the late 1700's and went to India sometime in the early 1800's. He came from Padua

He was an Architect and did buildings for the Begum in Sardhana, St Mary's Church completed in 1822. He also build her palace and designed the Roman Catholic Cementry in Sardhana.

It may be possible that other family members stayed in Italy any info would be gratefully recieved.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are curently 4 listings out of 5 of persons surnamed Reghelini in Veneto region of which Padua is a province. If I were you and to cut across all the processes, write one letter to all 4 persons and ask them if they are related to you and your ancestor. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Reghelini in the first line and Veneto in the third line and a listing of full names,addresses and telephone numbers will appear.

You might also want to go to www.google.com and insert his full name and the word India to see if there is any reference to himin India. Peter
mistressdao

Post by mistressdao »

hi, thanks,

there is very little about him via google, ( have tried quite a few search engines) I do know some of his decendants names, My grandmother, her father and granfather, her aunt and should be able to find some records of marriage, baptism and death in the India Office records at the british library, as I have seen some of the records on line I could try your suggestion of writing to the Reghelini's in Italy as it is possible they may be decendants also and have taken note of the names and addresses from the web site you provided the link for.

Again thank you
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Good enough!!Peter