Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy

Post by Felitti-Trimarco »

My great great grandfather Pasquale Felitti (b. 1869 Vietri di Potenza - d. 1915 Harlem, New York City), came to this country in the late 1800's (probably about 1888). I believe that he was a pharmacist before coming to the USA, and I also believe that his father Vincenzo Felitti was also a pharmacist. They were both originally from Vietri di Potenza. I'm told that becoming a pharmacist in that era was somewhat of a big deal, and that to do so one had to go to Naples for their education.

Does anyone out there know about searching educational records in Italian during the mid to late 1800's? Do such records exist at all? I'd be interested in learning when my great great grandfather Pasquale Felitti graduated as a pharmacist as well as exactly where he graduated from. I'd also be interested in any other related records as well. Any ideas? Many thanks!

sincerely,

FT
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

www.theannals.com/cgi/content/abstract/32/1/120 and contact this Pharamcological society in Italy for the history of the first half of 1800s concerning diplomate or apprenticeship training in Southern Italy for pharmacy dispensing. =Peter=
~Peter~
Felitti-Trimarco
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Italian Pharmacist Records in Italy

Post by Felitti-Trimarco »

Great! Thanks so much! What about the later 1800's? I think my great great grandfather would have done his training a bit later. He was born 1869. Any ideas?

THANSK AGAIN!

FT