DiFatta Family from Cefalu, Sciliy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gingergoose

DiFatta Family from Cefalu, Sciliy

Post by Gingergoose »

My great, great grandfather was Giovanni (John) DiFatta (b. 12/20/1846)and he married Anna Santa Colombo (b. 5/7/1850) in Cefalu in 1877.

I have looked up the town of Cefalu and it looks beautiful! I want to go there someday.

Is anybody here familiar with the DiFattas or Colombos of Cefalu as well as the town itself? Any interesting facts, history or trivia?

Thank you for this forum.

~Denise
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: DiFatta Family from Cefalu, Sciliy

Post by PeterTimber »

Denise If you wish to obtain documents relating to family members and happen to know their full names and year of birth you cano btain birth,marriage and death records from CEFALU Ufficio di Stato Civile (City Hall). '
Go towww.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/italian-form-letters.html for form letters in Italian langiage which you would send to the Ufficio di Stato Civile at the address found at www.tuttitalia.it/sicilia/18-cefalu There is no charge for requesting any documents. Look under MUNICIPIO for the address.

If you go to the right of the MUNICIPIO address there will be a website for the tourist portion of CEFALU.

You might also wish to check out the family members on micorfilm at your nearest www.familyresearch.org/eng/default.asp for their births since 1820-1900. =Peter=
~Peter~