Carmine De Luca back to Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Carmine De Luca back to Italy

Post by legnoduro »

Ciao a tutti!
My great-grandfather (bisnonno) Carmine De Luca came to America with his wife and children in 1911. After the death of his wife he returned to Pietrelcina, Benevento Italy where he died in about 1959. How can I trace his return trip to Italy and ultimately find his death certficate. I don't have exact dates or an exact address in Italy. I do have a copy of his birth certificate that is dated 1948. Since he was still alive my guess is that he requested the document. The last line reads " Si rilascia a rechiesta dell'interessato per uso di emigrazaione - Pietrelcina, lì 10/08/1948". I understand this to mean that the document requested was to be used for emigration. Am I correct in assuming that it means emigration from the US back to Italy. Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Carmine De Luca back to Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

An exact address for what purpose? All you need is his full name and year of date of birth, year of birth or approximate year of birth +/- 5 -10 years for any relating document which is free of charge. The birth record would appear to be for his use in returning to Italy. The Pietrelcina Anagrafe (census office) may have a record of his departure and return to Pietrecina.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters in Italian to send to UFFICIO ANAGRAFE. Go to www.nonsolocap.it, type in Pietrelcina on top, clcik cerca and when Pietrelcina shows up click right on that name for second website. Scroll down to MUNICIPIO for address. There is no charge for documents in Italy. shit to the right for the www for the town tourist information if you wish. =Peter=
~Peter~
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

You can send a letter in italian language + the copy of the birthact of your ancestor to:
Ufficio Anagrafe
Corso Padre Pio
82020 - Pietrelcina (BN)
Italy

info @ comune.pietrelcina.bn.it ( NO SPACES)
saying that you are the ggrandson and that you wish obtain the death certificate ( around 1959) of your ancestor
hoping helpful,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Post by legnoduro »

Grazie per l'aiuto!